Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Sep-12-20 6:02PM

Junger
Northern Snakehead

Mattawoman 9/12/20

I was supposed to take my dad fishing at 8AM, but we woke up to some light rain so we pushed it back to 10AM, which was around lowtide and figured we could get some on the incoming tide on poppers. When we got to the ramp at 11AM, the water was just a few inches below the dock...everything was flooded, I guess the rains from the area didn't flush out yet. Talked to a couple kayakers at the ramp and there was a tournament going on, and many of them were skunked. I knew it would be a tough day, but I was with my dad so I was just glad to be out. Water was 73 in the main creek, and 71 up at the head.

The kayak tournament was still going on until 2:30, and a lot of them were out toward the head, so we headed right toward the big pond thinking there might be enough water to get through the hydrilla. Well, no joy, there was maybe 2 inches of water above the hydrilla, not enough for me to get through without lifting the TM up. So we turned around and headed back toward the bike wall. My plan was to try and go through the cut across from the bike wall to get some shield from easterly winds, which felt like they were gusting 10-15mph. No action in that section either, and the water is rushing out now at 2PM....high tide was supposed to be at 4PM. Something was going on with the tide.

From there I motored back to the false channel because we needed to get some shelter from the wind, and the tide was rushing out so I figured there would be some action at the three river junction. I threw a Rico along the left grass edge and got smashed once but it missed, chalk that up to real muddy water. Then about 10 feet later I got smashed again and got a 4lb snakehead. Then the winds picked up and we headed in at about 5PM.

The cloud cover is perfect, but all the water and wind messed up what I think could have been a great popper evening.

#2 Sep-12-20 6:25PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Mattawoman 9/12/20

Nice...I hope the creek settles down by Friday.

Time to go fishin' again!

Board footer