Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jul-11-20 12:55PM

Junger
Northern Snakehead

Mattawoman 7/11/20 Epic Morning

Wow, so today was an epic morning for me anyways. My total was 11 LMB, all on the Rico popper. Drew had 3 LMB and a small SH. We got to the dock at 5AM, determined to beat the weekend crowd and heat. The air temps were actually really comfortable all morning as the sun hid behind the clouds most of the time. Low Tide was at 6:30AM, so I wanted to hit the hydrilla flat before Nelson point on the outgoing. Gotta love when a plan comes together. It felt like I caught a fish every time I threw it there. By 8AM, I had boated 8 fish, and I declared that my goal was going to be a baker's dozen for the day. We fished all along the left edge, toward the bike wall and got a few more, including a really long, but thin and ugly LMB with one eye damaged. He was really beat up.

As the tide was coming in, the water was REAL muddy and dirty and that part of the creek just was void of any sign of life. So, as the tide started to come in, we headed toward the Big Pond. The sun was now fully out and it was HOT. We get back there and Drew catches his last 2 fish on the Keitech toad. Just as we start to make our way back to the back edge, the trolling motor starts slowing down....I pulled it up and opened up the prop to make sure it wasn't gunked up, but it was clean. Then I checked the TM battery meter and it was down to 1 to zero bars...that cut the day short, otherwise I would have had my baker's dozen in the pads!

Great day, and I plan on taking my dad back there in the AM tomorrow too.

https://i.imgur.com/PtE2qE2.jpg

#2 Jul-11-20 1:29PM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Mattawoman 7/11/20 Epic Morning

What a day!

Always wishin' I was fishin'

#3 Jul-11-20 2:07PM

hookup
Patagonian Toothfish

Nice job Junger

One year, the local Wallmart sticked Rico's.  I bought a dozen and expensed them.  Gave about most of them away to clients who fished, but a few found their way into my tackle box. 

I've never had much luck with them, but when the fish are on Rico's, they are on Rico's

#4 Jul-11-20 2:20PM

Ernie
Administrator

Nice job grasshopper! You are now the 2 Captain’s best student!

What a day indeed!!

Time to go fishin' again!

#5 Jul-12-20 4:34AM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

Sweet!!!

Hell or High Water...........I'm Fishin!!   big_smile

#6 Jul-13-20 11:15AM

firemunkee
Patagonian Toothfish

Wow nice job! The picture with the sunrise behind you is pretty awesome.

Together we'll fight the long defeat.

Board footer