Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jun-23-20 3:05PM

Junger
Northern Snakehead

Mattawoman 6/23/20

After getting intel from Capt Mike on where the fish were biting, I planned to take my dad out on Monday evening for a belated Father's Day, but that didn't work out because of the storms so we rescheduled for Friday. But Ashton had seen me getting my boat and gear ready and that must have fired him up because he wanted to fish. So my morning was open, and the weather/tide looked good so we set off at 5AM and were in the water by 6:20AM after a quick stop to McD's. We headed right after launching towards the big pond, I had a chatterbait and Ashton was throwing a ribbit toad fishing pad edges. Water was gin clear like Capt Mike said, but water was 79 everywhere. After no hits for about 45 mins, I randomly look at my toads and decide to put on a Keitech noisy flappers I had in my bag. On the 5th cast, I get slurped on the Keitech toad, then another one about 10 minutes later.  So then I change out Ashton's ribbit to a Keitech. He gets popped in the pads but doesn't connect. I catch 3 more LMB on the Keitech, but none of them were smashes, all of them were slurps that sounded more like snakehead hits. Highlight of the day was when Ashton thought the toad hooked popped and he was stuck on a pad. He tugged twice and then the line shot left and a huge 4-5lb'er went 3 feet in the air. Ashton is getting better and better at combat fishing.

Largest of the day:
https://i.imgur.com/wRtbQ6f.jpg

#2 Jun-23-20 3:46PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Mattawoman 6/23/20

This is a great report...felt like I was there!

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Jun-23-20 8:43PM

firemunkee
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Mattawoman 6/23/20

Nice report! I bet that got him wanting to come back for more!

Together we'll fight the long defeat.

Board footer