Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Aug-04-08 5:56AM

jumping jasper
Patagonian Toothfish

Beech BlueGill report

On many summer days you can find Austin Dubois standing on shore catching sunfish and Bluegills. Austin loves to fish under the watchful eye of his father (Bruce)
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g307/jumpingjasper/P8030030.jpg
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g307/jumpingjasper/P8030031.jpg
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g307/jumpingjasper/P8030033.jpg
Austin said he is getting lots and lots of bites using pieces of night crawler, that you can now buy at 7-eleven "next to the milk"
If he does not get a bite after a few seconds, Austin knows they have stolen the bait and he will quickly rebait.

It was a pleasure to watch father and son spend a nice afternoon on our lakes.

smile

#2 Aug-04-08 8:50AM

CozUF2001
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Re: Beech BlueGill report

Is anybody else curious to see that you can buy worms in dirt next to milk?

If it were easy, they'd call it catching!

#3 Aug-04-08 8:58AM

Ernie
Administrator

Very cool! cool I love seeing kids taking an interest in fishing!

Ernie

Time to go fishin' again!

#4 Aug-06-08 5:19AM

jumping jasper
Patagonian Toothfish

Austin's still at it.
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g307/jumpingjasper/OurBoyFishingAug2008008.jpg

smile

#5 Aug-06-08 5:36AM

Ernie
Administrator

I love how he holds the fish and the dirt on his hands! wink I'm with Curly, get this kid in the tourney but he will need to learn how to use artificial baits!

Ernie

#6 Aug-08-08 7:49AM

Karina

When my Dad told Austin that you guys said he should be in the tourney too, his face LIT up! This kid loves fishing more than anything, it is so funny and cute. smile

#7 Aug-08-08 8:17AM

Ernie
Administrator

Curly has kicked around the idea of a Village Fishing Contest. I can see having one for kids....different age groups etc. There are sooooooo many examples of kids that are LIT up when catching fish.

We have a lot of folks that would be willing to spend a Sunday afternoon making sure all the kids catch fish! I participated in the twe Kid's Fishing Derbies this year which were sponsored by Charlie Taylor's club (New Horizon Bass Anglers)....incredible event and a ton of happy little fisherpeople!

Ernie

#8 Aug-09-08 6:52AM

Big Bass Boy

Thanks for all the responses.  I love to fish.  I have to learn how to use artificial bait, I'm costing my parents a fortune in worms.  Minnow is a looker! smile

Austin

#9 Aug-09-08 6:01PM

Ernie
Administrator

Welcome aboard Austin!! You will learn a lot by reading this FORUM!!

#10 Aug-10-08 8:15AM

skvan

Pacemaker wrote:

Curly has kicked around the idea of a Village Fishing Contest. I can see having one for kids....different age groups etc. There are sooooooo many examples of kids that are LIT up when catching fish.

We have a lot of folks that would be willing to spend a Sunday afternoon making sure all the kids catch fish! I participated in the twe Kid's Fishing Derbies this year which were sponsored by Charlie Taylor's club (New Horizon Bass Anglers)....incredible event and a ton of happy little fisherpeople!

Ernie

If there were a village fishing contest for kids, I would for sure help with the cost of some prizes and enter my stepson. I think that is a great idea, especially if you experts were helping them with techniques. I am sure I would learn a lot by watching you guys as well.

Welcome on board Austin, wonder if you are the youngest registered person on the boards smile

Skvan

Board footer