Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 May-30-19 11:40AM

backtofuturetoyota
Patagonian Toothfish

Possum Point area 5/26

Had some time, so I went out and launched the kayak for the first time this year.  I worked the pads with a topwater frog (green) and had a few blow ups and early hook sets that resulted in failure, but I was just really enjoying being out there watching the osprey dive for fish.  I switched over to a black frog with specks and tossed it over to a point and wham had a snakehead suck it in.  I was calm enough to do a count down before I set the hook and the fish didn't budge much, so I thought I missed again and got hung up on heavy grass.  I was wrong and the fish was on!  This sucker ran off before I could tighten up the drag and I enjoyed a nice fight for a few minutes.  I had forgotten my net and anything else to help me land this fish, but did manage to lip it with the fish grabber and it all worked out well. 

https://i.imgur.com/YSpIakM.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/yJfbGJT.jpg

Satisfied that I caught something and the time spent on the water was very pleasant, I decided to call it an evening and came home.  I didn't get to weigh it, but it was a nice size!

#2 May-30-19 1:16PM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Possum Point area 5/26

Good job!  Not easy to get them on topwater.

Always wishin' I was fishin'

#3 May-30-19 1:27PM

Ernie
Administrator

Pics are up!

Time to go fishin' again!

#4 May-31-19 5:16AM

captmikestarrett
Patagonian Toothfish
Website