Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 May-11-18 4:26AM

backtofuturetoyota
Patagonian Toothfish

Quantico and Belvoir

Got the kayak out to both locations this past weekend and really enjoyed the scenery.  That said, the Gar and Carp were spawning everywhere I could see.  The Carp were so aggressive that it always sounded like someone was being drowned in the lily pads.
The Gar kept throwing me off since they look like a snakehead when they swim by and no one cared for hitting any of my lures!
But, I did finally get a hit by a snakehead.  I promptly panicked and yanked the frog out from it's mouth.  I know, I know.  I like to think that my time out was to really test out my new modifications to the yak! 
Added, new fish finder, trolling motor, cup holder, flag, and some lucky stickers.  My modifications of the $35 ebay rudder system still works great as does my $12 spike!

Also met a really nice fisherwoman who came all the way up from York I believe it was (2 hrs away) to fish for snakehead.  You have to love that kind of dedication.  I mentioned this forum, so hopefully she adds to our already great list of members.

Sorry! no pics of anything....I can't seem to post any.

Last edited by backtofuturetoyota (May-11-18 4:38AM)

#2 May-11-18 5:01AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Quantico and Belvoir

Nice Paul....send me a pic or two and I will post them for you.

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 May-11-18 5:18AM

Junger
Northern Snakehead

Good to know I'm not the only guy who gets too excited on the SH hit and sets too early.

Where'd you add the trolling motor to your yak? Outrigger style?

#4 May-15-18 4:05AM

backtofuturetoyota
Patagonian Toothfish

Will do Ernie!

I put the trolling motor in the center opening of the yak.  It's a feel free lure 11.5 and it has a removable center pod for the fish finder that has access all the way through.  I basically bought a replacement for the pod (a $5 plastic ammo can) and drilled holes to add the trolling motor.  It's a youtube mod I found and it works great!  I'll post pics of that too.

Board footer