Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Mar-14-18 12:17PM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

Some new creations

So this Fall/Winter I got supplies for making buzzbaits and chatterbaits.  These are not yet tested.

Buzz baits include tri and quad plastic buzzers, a bubbler and an in-line with a spoon.  That larget blade I tried on a regular buzzbait frame and it wanted to swim to the right.  I saw online the blade used in line for Musky baits, so I went that route.  The hair buzzer is a hot mess, as it was a slide on teaser that  I tried to tie onto the frame and it did not work the way I wanted.  I probably should have tied a base to slide the brass tube over, but ended up using a small o ring doubled over jammed behind it to hold it in place.  I know the regulat style with the plastic blades will work.  I like the tri-blade as they are very subtle and you can slow roll them.
[img]https://i.imgur.com/ODLWKO9.jpg[/IMG]

The chatterbaits are mixed as well.  I started with the standard kit that Barlow's sells.  That has nice flat blades and uses a split ring (not optimal for me).  I then bought some swinging hook jig heads that I intended to open the eye on to attach the blade.  I bought some of the more coffin-shaped blades from china and they are easy to bend to make them like the name brands.  The problem was, that the eye wire went into the head and did not ben open.  I ended up cutting some close to the head and bending them back and applying a drop of super glue gel.  Some skirts are tied using old skirts that fell apart and some are the z-man style.  The longer trailers are on the swinging jig heads.
https://i.imgur.com/DgoCX3u.jpg

I put a lot of work into some of these and we will see if they hold up.  I did have one fail last weekend when I went out.  I am no sure if that was a fluke, or if the cut eyelet is just too easy to bend out.

Always wishin' I was fishin'

#2 Mar-14-18 12:34PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Some new creations

Great stuff!

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Mar-14-18 1:22PM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

Those top 2 in the first pic should be awesome on the UP!

Hell or High Water...........I'm Fishin!!   big_smile

#4 Mar-15-18 8:59AM

Bryan
Patagonian Toothfish

Nice stuff! I really like the white/clear buzzbait.

tight lines

#5 Mar-15-18 10:07AM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

Thanks guys.  Bryan, I know for a fact that one will do well.  I have the same color scheme in the spoon buzz that I make and it has caught a few nice fish.  The skirt is a blue flash.

Always wishin' I was fishin'

Board footer