Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Dec-06-17 11:08AM

Ernie
Administrator

Interesting observation...

The other day, there were 52 "guests" looking in on the forum. I do not recall that many being on at one time.

Interestingly, fishing reports have diminished over the years. Some post occasionally and a few post up some great reports consistently. BTW, a non fish catching report can be as important as a fish picture laden report...IMHO.

But...someone s looking for sure!

Time to go fishin' again!

#2 Dec-06-17 11:21AM

Junger
Northern Snakehead

Re: Interesting observation...

I love reading fishing reports, even if I don't comment in the threads.

How does a guest come across these forums? I never knew of them before Dave told me about them, and whenever I googled fishing reports, I would get hits for bassresource, pierandsurf, and tidalfish...but never pacemaker.

#3 Dec-06-17 12:10PM

Ernie
Administrator

Junger wrote:

How does a guest come across these forums? I never knew of them before Dave told me about them, and whenever I googled fishing reports, I would get hits for bassresource, pierandsurf, and tidalfish...but never pacemaker.

Pacemaker is pretty small in comparison to the one you mentioned. Most folks that find it are usually googling fishing around Ashburn. And many, like you, get told of it by the 2 good captains. My aim is to keep the forum very family friendly so that's why it's locked.

In general, I think lots of folks have gone the way of Facebook to post up their reports since it is much easier to load the pics. This set up is old.....

#4 Dec-06-17 1:45PM

Bryan
Patagonian Toothfish

Yeah there are certainly a lot of lurkers on fishing sites. Except for one private board, every fishing forum I've been to gets a ton of views and comparatively few reports and posts.  Personally, I'm more than willing to discuss fishing locations in person/email, etc, but all those lurkers make me really hesitant to share some details in the open.

I've also noticed a serious dip in the number of reports pretty much everywhere, I think you're right Ernie, people are abandoning forums and just using Facebook and stuff. Kinda sad. I'm not on FB so maybe I'm missing out hmm

tight lines

#5 Dec-07-17 5:14AM

firemunkee
Patagonian Toothfish

Ernie wrote:

a non fish catching report can be as important as a fish picture laden report...IMHO.

This. That's why I post. I don't have to worry as much about lurkers because I more often don't catch then catch lol

I too am not on FB. I just haven't been fishing all that often lately sad I really do enjoy the community that has been built up here so now part of the joy of fishing around Ashburn is to be able to contribute to this forum.

Together we'll fight the long defeat.

#6 Dec-07-17 5:56AM

Ernie
Administrator

Bryan and JC touch on how I feel. The community that's built is more important than a detailed fishing report. However, everyone likes to see pictures for sure. I know it's a PIA to go through a 3rd party to host the pics. Not sure how to change that. It's easy to post pics on FB. I get a kick when JC compliments one of my pictures.....

FB is more about "look what I caught" rather than "here is my story".  But apparently, that's winning out.

#7 Dec-30-17 10:39AM

Ernie
Administrator

Just found out that another fishing forum has bit the dust. "The Technical Fisherman forums have closed. Thank you for your participation and support over the years. " They lasted about 5 years, were supposed to be the alternative to Tidal Fish.

Over the years, Tidal Fish has gone way down hill (activity) as has the Potomac River Anglers Club site that some of us were active on. Met some really great folks over at PRAC!

#8 Dec-30-17 1:24PM

Osprey
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

I wish I had a fishing report to post. Any idea where I could come up with one  short of a long drive south?

20' Key West..16' C-Hawk...Hobie Pro Angler...Hobie Outback

#9 Dec-30-17 1:29PM

Ernie
Administrator

A friend of mine in FL cancelled his fishing trip because it was in the 50's......sheesh!

Not a fishing report but something I want to do more of next year. 

https://www.bassresource.com/fishing/ha … ign=121817

#10 Dec-30-17 3:23PM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

I was reading about him before.  Very specific with his technique.  Should be good when the bite is tough.

Always wishin' I was fishin'

#11 Dec-30-17 7:24PM

Junger
Northern Snakehead

Osprey wrote:

I wish I had a fishing report to post. Any idea where I could come up with one  short of a long drive south?

I've been seeing people catch good size fish along Four Mile Run at the warm water discharge on Youtube.

#12 Dec-31-17 4:41AM

Ernie
Administrator

Over the last few days, some big stripers were caught in the lower Potomac River for those who braved the cold. It seems the big girls showed up late to the dance this year. But that's a good thing since the season is now closed and they get to live another day.

#13 Jan-02-18 2:43AM

bart2puck
Northern Snakehead

I found this forum a few years ago by googling ashburn fishing. 

Ernie, Any thoughts on cleaning out any riff raff members and locking it down so only members can read our posts?  This would allow us to give each other more info about where we fishing and so on.  This group is small enough i don't think we will be stepping on each other's hot spots.

#14 Jan-02-18 5:50AM

firemunkee
Patagonian Toothfish

Junger wrote:

Osprey wrote:

I've been seeing people catch good size fish along Four Mile Run at the warm water discharge on Youtube.

I've always heard about this. Trout fishing is another option smile

Together we'll fight the long defeat.

#15 Jan-02-18 6:39AM

hookup
Patagonian Toothfish

Ernie wrote:

Not a fishing report but something I want to do more of next year. 

https://www.bassresource.com/fishing/ha … ign=121817

They work

Need any let me know, but I have a feeling you have a few ....

#16 Jan-02-18 6:41AM

Ernie
Administrator

bart2puck wrote:

I found this forum a few years ago by googling ashburn fishing. 

Ernie, Any thoughts on cleaning out any riff raff members and locking it down so only members can read our posts?  This would allow us to give each other more info about where we fishing and so on.  This group is small enough i don't think we will be stepping on each other's hot spots.

I've thought about this but have no clue how to do it. The forum platform is really old.

Only issue would be that no one else would know we are here and they could not find us.

#17 Jan-02-18 6:44AM

Ernie
Administrator

hookup wrote:

They work

Need any let me know, but I have a feeling you have a few ....

I know they work, used to use them all the time when I had my 12' & 14' boats at Algonkian 30+ years ago.

And yes, I do have a few. Some dude in Sterling keeps giving me some really nice ones.

#18 Jan-02-18 6:59AM

backtofuturetoyota
Patagonian Toothfish

I stay off FB and such due to the "self centered" approach.  Even if this is an old platform, I enjoy it because we share the information and share the experience.  I also like the idea of locking it down more until you request a profile/membership.  I refrain from putting too much information out there for others to steal my honey hole! j/k  I don't have any honey holes!

I learned of this site by word of mouth (Mo).

Board footer