Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Apr-30-17 11:52AM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

4/30/17 UP One Good Fish

Got out early with water staying above 4 ft. at POR.  Water stained to muddy.  I was trying muddy water presentations along a flooded island with no luck and realized I forgot my wearable PFD.  I decided to float the shoreline quickly before heading back.  I tried the bumble bee spinner, chatterbaits, weighted swim baits and shallow cranks.  I finally got a small SM with a firetiger Bomber Fat A, then decided to try a Bandit 100 in a Avacado Craw Color that I painted the belly orange.  I caught two more smaller ones then hooked a good fish.  It turned out to be a healthy 18.75" smallie (2 pictures).
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p237/johndrx/IMG_0918.jpg
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p237/johndrx/IMG_0919.jpg

It slowed down so I headed back to get my PFD.  I tried a couple spots with different baits, but got nothing.  I decided to go back up to where I caught the others and float the shore again.  This time, no bites with the cranks.  The sun started peaking through and I was alternating baits working the shore.  I got a decent hit on a Twin Spin, but did not hook the fish.  I watched a Pileated Woodpecker and a Bald Eagle as I ate my lunch.  The sun was coming out and the fishing slowed.  I floated and cast different baits, but it was not happening.  I floated the next island down and finally got 3 more 12" and under with a Fat Albert grub before calling it quits.  Caught 7 smallies all together and enjoyed the morning.

Always wishin' I was fishin'

#2 Apr-30-17 12:40PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: 4/30/17 UP One Good Fish

Good work in tough water. Hopefully, it will start settling down and getting some green on.

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 May-01-17 5:36AM

firemunkee
Patagonian Toothfish

Sounds like a nice way to spend the day, just floating down the river. Nice job on the fish.

Together we'll fight the long defeat.

#4 May-02-17 12:04PM

Ernie
Administrator

More kudos on that almost 19 incher. Looked at the water today and it's still high and stained.

Time to go fishin' again!

#5 May-02-17 4:14PM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

I coulda pinched the tail more and maybe got 19", but decided it was an honest 18.75"

Always wishin' I was fishin'

Board footer