Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Dec-11-16 3:40PM

captmikestarrett
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Chincoteague Surf Report

Arrived mid day Friday and fished about two hours before dark. Camera lens jammed up so no pics.. sorry. The food pics alone would have had your monitor covered in drool. I will do my best to mentally paint the pictures.
It was cold and the wind cut thru you like an ice covered filet knife. I cut bait on the cooler rack of my truck and had to ply the cut bait off the cooler as it froze. My hands where so numb that a sharp tap would have busted them into shards of human flesh. Hmm.. I will tone it down a bit.

Got two hours of surf time before we checked into our hotel. Walked the one block down the road to Bill's and ate and drank like I was King of the Island. A dozen salty oysters and some stuffed shrimp. Two martini's followed by a B&B sniffer darn near filled with aperitif. I do not remember any cold or the walk back to the room.

Day two we got 6 hours of surf time and got only one hit, with no hookups. However we did break for Woody's Barb B Que and boy was that good.. Food truck style dining is everywhere on the Island. Back to Bill's for martini and dinner. Could not even finish dinner from being so full from Woody's. Martini's still great. Walked back to room "I think"

Day three got two hours of Surf Time and packed up to head home. Stopped at Farmers Wife for Oyster Poor Boy and Buckeyes.

I really like Chincoteague better than Assateague and will next year buy an OSV pass to capitalize on the fishing available.

Capt Mike

Light Tackle Fishing Guide on the Potomac

#2 Dec-11-16 3:44PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Chincoteague Surf Report

What fishing?

The food description was worthy of the report!

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Dec-11-16 4:06PM

Osprey
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

I miss going to the Island. It was an annual spring flounder trip for a bunch of us from work. Always stayed at Seatag Lodge condos and had at least two dinners at Ray's Shanty. Steamers was good with oysters, clams, crabs and legs on the buffet. Every meal was followed by a stop at the Island Creamery for a 3 scoop sundae. We even caught a few flounder, but who cared

20' Key West..16' C-Hawk...Hobie Pro Angler...Hobie Outback

#4 Dec-11-16 4:55PM

hookup
Patagonian Toothfish

Sounds like the martini's warmed you up.  Good post - glad there's no pix, or I'd have to go to the market for oysters & vodka

#5 Dec-12-16 4:36AM

backtofuturetoyota
Patagonian Toothfish

Ahhh.. a B&B sniffer is what I enjoyed Friday and Saturday too!  Oh...you went fishing?

Board footer