Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jun-16-08 6:04AM

CozUF2001
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Potomac River - Pre-Tourney Fishing, 6-13-08

I went out on the Potomac on Friday morning (13th) with my fishing partner to test the waters and identify a pattern for our tournment this coming Saturday (21st). We will have another practice day on this Friday (20th).

We launched about 630 after getting the boat set up and went over to Mattawoman. The current slot is 15in right now, but we landed a limit of 14in. bass very quickly. The tournament slot will be 12in. which is reassuring for us. After leaving the creek, we headed over to more solid structure and I quickly hooked into, fought, and landed a solid four pounder. She had a bruised tail from a recent spawn, but otherwise looked very healthy.

We hit a few other spots of ours searching for a pattern with the changing tides, but the greatest success was all on grass. We managed another 2+ pounder on a senko and another keeper on a t-rig worm.

All in all, our best five went about 11 lbs with one casualty.

Due to tournament regulations, I will not be able to read any posts about fishing the lower potomac this week. If you get out there, good luck, but please clearly indicate that you fished the lower potomac. I appreciate your support.

If it were easy, they'd call it catching!

#2 Jun-16-08 10:26AM

jumping jasper
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Potomac River - Pre-Tourney Fishing, 6-13-08

Good luck. look forward to hearing the results.

smile

#3 Jun-17-08 5:24AM

CozUF2001
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Re: Potomac River - Pre-Tourney Fishing, 6-13-08

Thanks! I'll post a full report of practice and tourney next weekend.

If it were easy, they'd call it catching!

Board footer