Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Aug-27-16 12:44PM

captmikestarrett
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

August 26th Report

The plan was to get on the reef early and get a good chum line going. Well that worked. Part 2 of the plan was to make bait and that was quick and easy. A couple of live baits under bobbers and some chunks on the bottom where out in 10 minutes. First rod out, gets a hit and it never really stopped till the tide turned. Only issue was the sharks and the rays. Lots of stuff down there in the reef and we had many break offs and lost fish. But we got our 20 plus sharks and had few fish on that where not sharks. They however manged to get down in the structure and cut us off. About an hour before we left due to the heat and no more hooks / terminal tackle left. I went to shake the chum bag and it was gone.. I think some of those fish have thumbs and untied the rope.

Next stop was to check if the tide runners had showed up over the grass beds. A few cast in with a canjun clacker and BAM it gets a hit and fish on. Not our target fish, but not a bad fish. We proceeded to catch cobia on med light tackle for the next couple hours till we lost the school of rays. That is when a tower would have been super handy.

http://www.indianheadcharters.com/16/146.jpg
http://www.indianheadcharters.com/16/147.jpg

Next stop is great spot for trout and reds. We catch a few but the tide dies and the heat is unbearable. One more stop but with no wind we called it a day.

Great crew and lots of fun fishing..

I am a little over done from the day and sport a really nice face burn now.

Capt Mike

Light Tackle Fishing Guide on the Potomac

#2 Aug-29-16 4:28AM

backtofuturetoyota
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: August 26th Report

Awesome report!  You need a bimini top or that face cover!

Board footer