Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jun-07-08 11:29AM

jumping jasper
Patagonian Toothfish

DC Waters 6-7-08

Curly and I were on te water by 5:30am. Our plan was to run up to Flecthers. As we headed upriver, the water got more and more stained. It took thee tries for the anchor to hold in the high, fast muddy water. Our 3oz sinkers were coming to the surface behind the boat. We put the 5oz weights on. (nope) still could not hold bottom in that currrent. Flecthers wasn't even renting out boats.
Plan B: Fish cut bait in the Washington channel. It did not take long (30 seconds) or so to catch the first of 22 small blue catfish. We also caugt two channel cats for a total of 24 fish. We stopped fishing at 11am to beat the heat and the summer traffic at the launch.

It was a fun morning with lots of action.

I will post pictures on Monday. The home computer is old and my laptop batteries died.sad

smile

#2 Jun-07-08 12:48PM

Bob B
Northern Snakehead

Re: DC Waters 6-7-08

Thanks for the report. I was thinking of going up Fletcher's way tomorrow morning but then I started to have doubts about that after looking at the USGS site for river conditions at Little Falls. Your report confirms that I should change plans.

Bob B

Go Fish!

#3 Jun-07-08 1:40PM

Ernie
Administrator

After I talked to Curly, I called Carl and told him to stay home and stay cool. Thanks for the report. However, I would rather be out on the water than not.

At least you guys got some nice pullage!

Ernie

Time to go fishin' again!

#4 Jun-08-08 1:08AM

Carl
Northern Snakehead

Hey guys- Thanks for the update. I called every grocery chain store and seafood supplier in the area to find fresh herring. There are none available except frozen ones at Fletchers'. I hope there will be a few left in the river when it calms down. At this stage I need a fishing "fix" almost daily.

Board footer