Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jun-05-08 7:13AM

Bob B
Northern Snakehead

DC Potomac May 30 and June 2

I was out the afternoon of May 30 (approx 1 pm to 7 pm)... trolled all the way from Memorial Bridge on up to Fletcher's at 3 mph... no action. Not sure if I was running lures too shallow etc.

Once at Fletcher's I slowly slid around using the electric trolling motor and jigged a size 8 sabiki rig with a 4 oz sinker... got 16 herring and 19 white perch in about 90 minutes... all catch and release. It was the first time that I ever used a sabiki in the river and my first time fishing up around Fletcher's. Then I trolled back down to Memorial Bridge... no hits.

I went out again on June 2 (approx 11 am to 6:30 pm)... skipped the trolling at first and went up to Fletcher's to jig sabiki again. The bite was slower than on May 30... it took me about 3 hours to get 4 herring, 6 white perch, a small catfish, and a good sized crappie.

Then I went down to the Washington Channel and trolled there for a while, then trolled from there to the Bolling Air Force Base marina entrance... no results.

Bob B

Go Fish!

#2 Jun-05-08 7:16AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: DC Potomac May 30 and June 2

Bob,

Were you in the P'toon on Monday? I may have seen you from my office window. Thanks for the report!!

Ernie

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Jun-05-08 11:58PM

Bob B
Northern Snakehead

Yeah, I was using the P'toon with the burgundy color bimini open. Where would you have seen me?  When I was in the Washington Channel or elsewhere?

Bob B

Go Fish!

#4 Jun-06-08 4:14AM

Ernie
Administrator

My office has a view of the Washington Channel. I did see a p'toon on Monday and wondered if it was you. I keep track of everyone that fishes the WC....not too many folks. Once in a while I see a bass boat but mostly I see Curly! cool

Ernie

Time to go fishin' again!

Board footer