Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jun-04-08 7:45AM

CozUF2001
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Heading out today - to Cedar I guess

As much as I love frog fishing, I think I should make a trip to Cedar and stand in the sun for a while.......

Hopefully I'll have something to write about in a few hours!

If it were easy, they'd call it catching!

#2 Jun-04-08 1:42PM

CozUF2001
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Re: Heading out today - to Cedar I guess

So here is my summary...

I fished for about 2 hours. I SAW what looked to be a 5lb, 2 3lb, and 2 2lb, amongst 1lbers and some younglings. I CAUGHT only a couple of bass with the biggest going about 1lb. They were toying with me today out there. I must have lost 4-5 bass on the hookset.

Regardless it got hot, it got humid, and it got dark, so I had to hurry out of there. I got home in time to take the dog out before the hurricane came through.

Will I go out again this evening....you betcha!

#3 Jun-04-08 4:22PM

Ernie
Administrator

Went out for 15 minutes before dinner and caught a 15 ouncer on a chartreuse spinner bait. 1st time I've done that in years. Had a couple of short hits. Then I put on a froggy looking Chug Bug and I caught one that was a bit over a pound. He exploded on it about a foot from the shore line.

More storms coming!!

Ernie

Time to go fishin' again!

#4 Jun-05-08 5:11AM

CozUF2001
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

I was headed back out to Cedar yesterday around 715 when the skies turned dark gray. I did a quick u-turn and headed home....but only for about 45minutes. As soon as the sun came over the west horizon, I hopped back in the car and went out.

I was greeted with beautiful lightning, subtle thunder, and a great topwater bite. I landed four in about 30 minutes of fishing while missing two and having two other blowups. I got rained on, but it was worth it. While none of the fish were huge, it was still a lot of fun.

The best bite is run parallel to the shoreline. Whether you are a foot or two off of the shore, the fish are there waiting for a quick and easy meal.

At about 8:50, my wife called and asked what I was doing..."it's dark outside" she said. I said that's because it's night time, but I am on my way home.

Board footer