Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Apr-21-16 11:27AM

RyanK

New to fishing

Good Afternoon Everyone!,
Let me start by introducing myself here. My name is Ryan and I am 23. I got into fishing about August last year fishing for bass. I joined here because I live in Ashburn and noticed you guys post a lot about fishing here. I joined to see if there would be anybody interested in going fishing with me some time. Mainly to read, watch, and learn to get better at fishing. I love it and try to go fishing about once or twice a week! Just watching videos and trying to repeat what the video shows just has not worked for me. It has helped some but not much. I fish lakes beech,alder,cedar, and Ashburn lake. I tried to fish at Pavilion lake but had no luck. So I am mainly seeing if there is anyone who is willing to help teach this newbie! If not would just be cool to go fishing with some people on the lakes and rivers around!
Have a great day!

Always lookin to go fishin!

#2 Apr-21-16 12:40PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: New to fishing

Ryan- Part of the learning curve is knowing what to throw and when. The HS fishing tourney is on May 14 out of my house on Cedar. Feel free to drop by and participate (we have 3 divisions, non HS kids, HS and adult) but adults don't get prizes, just free hot dogs at noon.

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Apr-21-16 1:04PM

RyanK

I throw mainly a Texas rigged warm. I saw when first getting into fishing that is a good starting point. I started to try square bill crank baits and had some luck. I would be interested in the tourney for sure. I was thinking about going fishing at Cedar today and see how I do.

#4 Apr-21-16 1:21PM

Ernie
Administrator

Black and Blue Pig & Jig. Just look at Curly's reports....also, look for moving water (yes, even in a lake). And find structure...you can fee it as you drag your baits.

Time to go fishin' again!

#5 Apr-21-16 2:49PM

RyanK

What weight should I get for a jig? That is what throws me off the most.

#6 Apr-21-16 6:29PM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

RyanK wrote:

What weight should I get for a jig? That is what throws me off the most.

3/16 and/or 3/8 oz.  The lighter jig for shallower water.

Hell or High Water...........I'm Fishin!!   big_smile

#7 Apr-21-16 6:34PM

RyanK

Thank you! I was thinking about getting a swimming jig as well any luck with those?

#8 Apr-22-16 6:37AM

firemunkee
Patagonian Toothfish

Welcome to the addicting world of fishing! This is a great community here and you'll learn lots! One piece of advice, learn how to use your lures well rather than getting tempted to buy everything that "works" and be a master of none <- that's me lol. Curly is a great example of being a master of a lure! If you go through his posts and lunker lists, it's mostly with that black/blue jig! lol. Can't offer much more advice. I average less than one fish per outing in the Ashburn lakes lol

Together we'll fight the long defeat.

#9 Apr-22-16 8:03AM

RyanK

Thank you!
I have been trying to master the senko warm. But I am trying a bunch of different lures until I find one that I really like and would love to master. My confidence bait as of now is a Texas rigged senko warm. I was reading a lot of the posts here and wanted to join. What is even better everyone is mainly fishing in Ashburn where I live. I average about 3 smaller bass an hour when I have a senko warm on.

Board footer