!

Together we'll fight the long defeat.

#77 Jan-28-16 3:56PM

GregF
Northern Snakehead

Re: Jan 22-23 Mega Snow Storm - Banter Thread

Ernie wrote:

GregF wrote:

Just got home from a week in Florida.  Left on Wednesday and returned today.   70 degrees and sunny.  My wife shoveled the driveway while I was gone.  What are you guys all whining about!  Seems like no big deal to me.......HA!  I missed all the fun!

I would love to be a fly on the wall at your house over the next few days......I am sure you will be paying a price!

Yep....your little fly ears would have been burning.

#78 Feb-02-16 7:18PM

Ernie
Administrator

Ernie wrote:

Rats....spoke too soon. Way up on the peak in the fort of the house, we must have and ice dam buildup....have some water leaking and will need some ceiling repair. No way I could ever get up there nor would I want to if I could.

Grrrrrr!!

Well...grrrrr is right. After inspectors and water damage experts checked things out, we have lots of water damage in attic. They left a half a dozens fans running in the house as well as 2 dehumidifiers. Definitely worse than what it looks. Ain't gonna be cheap! The culprit was the wind blowing snow through vents. Go figure....

Time to go fishin' again!

#79 Feb-03-16 2:03PM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

Ernie wrote:

Ernie wrote:

Rats....spoke too soon. Way up on the peak in the fort of the house, we must have and ice dam buildup....have some water leaking and will need some ceiling repair. No way I could ever get up there nor would I want to if I could.

Grrrrrr!!

Well...grrrrr is right. After inspectors and water damage experts checked things out, we have lots of water damage in attic. They left a half a dozens fans running in the house as well as 2 dehumidifiers. Definitely worse than what it looks. Ain't gonna be cheap! The culprit was the wind blowing snow through vents. Go figure....

Hope your insurance deductible isn't tooooo high!

Hell or High Water...........I'm Fishin!!   big_smile

#80 Feb-03-16 3:39PM

Ernie
Administrator

It's high......but it won't make a dent.

Time to go fishin' again!

Board footer