Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 May-26-08 9:48AM

plan b

Beaverdam Memorial Day (5-26-08) Outing

Had a great time on the water today... great weather and everyone seemed to be having a good time... fishing was a little slow but i did manage to land 2 nice lmb between 6:30-7:00 on topwater...  i only caught one more fish and ernie watched me freak out after i set the hook on a monster bite only to have my line break instantly... while fishing a jig, i didn't check my line for nicks for an extended period and i paid the price... cost me a big big bass...  hope everyone had a great time today

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll87/planbdc/5-26-08Beaverdam3lbs.jpg 3lbs.

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll87/planbdc/5-26-08Beaverdam26lbs.jpg 2.6lbs.

#2 May-26-08 10:43AM

plan b

Re: Beaverdam Memorial Day (5-26-08) Outing

that early morning topwater bite is hard to beat at bdam but it certainly doesn't last too long on a day like today... makes getting up at 4:30 am worth it everytime... well almost smile

#3 May-26-08 11:10AM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

Put in at about 5 35.  I caught my only fish at 6 15.  It was somewhere btw 2 and three pounds.  I caught it on lil grub on a jig head.  It fought hard and jumped a a lot.  Left at about 12 30 because I ran out of juice in my one and only battery.

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm266/redskinsfan360/DSC00996.jpg

#4 May-26-08 12:09PM

Dominion Dan
Patagonian Toothfish

I wish I had met up with more of you guys. I got to meet Ernie, though, and I'm glad I did. Ernie, I can't tell you how extremely grateful I really am for your act of generosity to a person you had never met, you are a stand up guy and I would very much like to fish with you in the future, especially if it's for smallmouth, it sounds like you have quite the experience.

I hope you guys decide to do another outing soon so I can meet Brian and Curly as well.

#5 May-26-08 1:05PM

Ernie
Administrator

DD,

Glad you got to use the canoe, it was my pleasure! I am sure we will do this again as well as floating the Potomac for smallies....stay tuned!

Ernie

Time to go fishin' again!

#6 May-26-08 1:25PM

Ernie
Administrator

I met up with Dominion Dan at 0610 so that he could have use of the canoe. Also met Trevor and flipin4it at the shore. I headed down to the south coves to see if I could catch a Beaverdam bass....something I have not done for at least 13 years.....maybe more. The morning was cool and the wind was blowing just a little more than I wanted but who cares, we were fishing.

I caught my 1st bass (less than 1/2 lb) on a 3" Storm swimming minnow, the kind I use for stripers! That came around 7:15 AM and the skunk was off.....I let out a whoop (Charlie must have thought I caught a lunker!).

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj320/Kiko13PB/IMGP0645.jpg

I was working shallows and rocks and the 2nd bass came on the same lure, this time it was closer to a pound. So I did what you are not supposed to do and changed up baits which is something I do a lot of. Around 0830, I caught a nice 1 pounder on a white/chartreuse Nories bug, again working rocks and weeds.

Then it all stopped and I then went over to a point where plan b was fishing. I didn't crowd him so he let me stay....

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj320/Kiko13PB/IMGP0647.jpg

....to see the horrified look on his face when he lost that big fish. I saw him rear back and the bend on the pole told me he had a nice fish on....for a few seconds.

Anyway, that point did not produce so I moved over to the east coast. Right before I left plan b, he told me to use senkos so I switched up and caught a nice 2 pounder (on the digital) in a shallow cove. This was a long, skinny but feisty fish. It was nice to get a quality fish!

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj320/Kiko13PB/IMGP0650.jpg

I quit just after noon and got a chance to meet Paul who was waiting at the dock.

All in all....a great day on the water and it was nice to meet the crew from bassresource!

Ernie

#7 May-27-08 6:58AM

AndrewDo124
Patagonian Toothfish

Hello pacemaker fishing!

I'm Andrew a member from bassresource. You might have seen my friends and i on the water with our hobie kayaks peddling around.  I've been lurking this forum for a few days since the initial planning of the memorial day outting and decided to join just to chime in and say how nice it was to meet Ernie.

The fishing was rough but the weather was great.  Hope everyone had a pleasant time on the water and can't wait to do it again!

#8 May-27-08 7:22AM

Ernie
Administrator

Andrew,

Welcome! That is a great kayak you guys have....I am looking for a used Hobie if you ever run accross one.  I like the peddling vs the paddling!

Ernie

#9 May-27-08 8:23AM

AndrewDo124
Patagonian Toothfish

I was looking for a used one for awhile, but it seems like anyone that has one loves it too much to get rid of it. I'll keep an eye out for one. Otherwise try calling up backyard boats in woodbridge and see if they have any older boats they're willing to let go of for a discounted price.  My friend got his for 15% off with a bunch of freebies thrown in while i got mine for 20% off.

#10 May-27-08 10:15AM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

That was a really nice boat! 

Mr. Rojas,

If you end up gettin one and decide to sell your old one let me know.  That thing is sweet!  I dont know why you would sell it.

#11 May-27-08 12:10PM

captmikestarrett
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Is this the Beaver Dam Lake you all are talking about?

http://206.113.131.12/

username: guest
Password: guest

Capt Mike

Light Tackle Fishing Guide on the Potomac

#12 May-27-08 12:45PM

Trev Lakebraddock

Hey Guys, I'm new here.  Didn't even know about this forum until this weekend when some of us at the BR forum met up with you guys,  I was with Rob in the green jon boat, We managed one a piece and we both lost nice fish on hooksets, we both saw them and know they were very nice, we were upset but carried on, nice meeting you guys and hope to see you again!  Let me know if you want to do some fishing, I've got a boat.

#13 May-27-08 1:04PM

Ernie
Administrator

captmikestarrett wrote:

Capt Mike

Mike,

I couldn't get on. Beaverdam reservoir is in Loudoun County. The other one is in Glouster, I think.

Ernie

#14 May-27-08 1:04PM

Ernie
Administrator

Trev Lakebraddock wrote:

Hey Guys, I'm new here.  Didn't even know about this forum until this weekend when some of us at the BR forum met up with you guys,  I was with Rob in the green jon boat, We managed one a piece and we both lost nice fish on hooksets, we both saw them and know they were very nice, we were upset but carried on, nice meeting you guys and hope to see you again!  Let me know if you want to do some fishing, I've got a boat.

Welcome Trev! It was nice to meet on Saturday.

Ernie

#15 May-27-08 2:17PM

Fishmaster-Sierra

Nice bass! I'm sure all of those were keepers!

who said girls can't fish??

#16 May-28-08 6:44AM

jumping jasper
Patagonian Toothfish

Pacemaker wrote:

captmikestarrett wrote:

Capt Mike

Mike,

I couldn't get on. Beaverdam reservoir is in Loudoun County. The other one is in Glouster, I think.

Ernie

Different Beaver Dam. The one in Loudoun does not have a paved boat  launch or docks.

smile

Board footer