Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jul-21-15 11:47AM

HokieDJ

Beaverdam 7/21/2015

Fished it this morning for a few hours for the first time in years.  The water level is still not like before but it's close.  Launching is actually easier than before when it had the docks because they packed/paved a quasi ramp.
There are some patches of grass here and there but nothing like before.  IT's too bad it'll die again when they close it at the end of the year (?).

Threw a frog around the patches of grass and had some blow ups by small LMBS I assume and eventually managed to hook a small 12" LMB.  I did see a nice size one in one of the coves but I had spooked it by the time I noticed it.

I tried looking for the famous wall for kicks and could not find it.  I zigged and zagged and still can't find the dumb thing even though you can see it in google map and in the drone pics.  I threw cranks in the general area but no bites.

#2 Jul-21-15 11:56AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Beaverdam 7/21/2015

It will be open for 2 years before they close it again for dam repairs......

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Jul-21-15 12:35PM

T.
Patagonian Toothfish

When I was at the reservoir a week ago the water level was normal, at most a foot below full pool.  Prior to that they were clearly keeping the level down and that had something to do with the water pumping out the top of the drain.  It certainly wasn't pumping water in.  It also seems like that may have been helping with the water clarity too.  It had more clear than ever.  But might last time out it was less so.

There is more fishable submerged vegetation that before, everything that grow while the bottom was exposed where normally nothing grows.  That reedy stuff isn't like it used to be (for now), am I glad of that.  I hate that stuff.  It'll snag a crankbait real good and if it's not shallow it can be tough to get back.

Which wall were you looking for, Hokie?  The one leading to the bridge or the crumbled rock wall to the north.

#4 Jul-21-15 12:55PM

HokieDJ

I was looking for the wall by the park/baseball fields.  I know it runs diagonal close to the point at the cove but I just couldn't find it.  Either that or I suck at reading the fish finder.  Maybe I should suck it up and get my DSI working again.

I actually liked the reeds.  Throwing frogs at them was always fun few years ago.  I gave up on the cranks today in the shallow because it would always get caught by the stuff below the water surface.

Board footer