Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jul-02-15 3:10PM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

7-2 Ashburn Lake Fishing and Game Warden Catching Poacher Report

Went down to Ashburn Lake after work with a top water mouse.  Caught a few dinks an then saw one of Ernie's cousins catch a 2.5 pound bass.  Then watched him put it in his backpack.  Walked over and told him the lakes were catch and release.  "No habla" was the response.  So I explained it all to him in Spanish that you had to be a resident and that fish had to be returned to the lake.  FURTHERMORE, I explained to him that the "Policia de Pescados" frequented this lake to enforce the regulations.  He ignored me..................Not 5 minutes later, Mark Diluigi (Loudoun Conservation Officer) pulls up and checks him and 2 of his buddies.  Let's just say multiple and various tickets were written for fishing violations.......and he made him put the big bass back in the water.........the dozen or so small bass between them were already dead and could not be revived.  This episode is what one could refer to as karma!  So for all you poachers out there reading this post....the following rules are being enforced!
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb119/cokeempire/2015%20pics/7-2b_zpsv9951jqz.jpg
On to my fishing report.........Most all the fish I caught this afternoon were sub-14" and only one over 14" as shown below.
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb119/cokeempire/2015%20pics/7-2a_zpsrnvj1can.jpg
No big ones today.........but the best fishing day I've had this year, thanks to VA-DGIF!

Last edited by Curly (Jul-02-15 3:32PM)

Hell or High Water...........I'm Fishin!!   big_smile

#2 Jul-02-15 4:28PM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: 7-2 Ashburn Lake Fishing and Game Warden Catching Poacher Report

Lots of Lurkers viewing, but not posting.............. poachers lol

#3 Jul-02-15 4:53PM

bigjeffie
Patagonian Toothfish

No habla my kulo.

I hate to see big fish killed

That dgif officer is a decent guy, but if you are in violation he will write a ticket. It will cost you at least 100.oo

#4 Jul-02-15 5:22PM

Ernie
Administrator

Glad to see this go down.....

Time to go fishin' again!

#5 Jul-02-15 5:40PM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

bigjeffie wrote:

No habla my kulo.

I hate to see big fish killed

That dgif officer is a decent guy, but if you are in violation he will write a ticket. It will cost you at least 100.oo

I know what you meant by "kulo", but be careful my brother.......it has other urban meanings as well......from the urban slang definitions lol :
kulo: a sexy, sexy puerto Rican man I'd do! TWIcE in a row              .......follow the rainbow tongue

Last edited by Curly (Jul-02-15 5:50PM)

#6 Jul-02-15 6:45PM

GregF
Northern Snakehead

Ha!  That definition made me laugh big_smile  Somewhere over the rainbow.....lies the supreme court!

Glad they got a few of the poachers.

#7 Jul-03-15 5:43AM

bigjeffie
Patagonian Toothfish

And the departure from principle takes flight.

Cultural differences ate actually intriguing. My invocation of the semi pejorative slang demonstrates the limited grasp of nuance endemic to the perception of an outsider

My assumptions say more about my own sins than anything else

Last edited by bigjeffie (Jul-03-15 5:45AM)

Board footer