Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Apr-25-15 1:35PM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

4-25 Launched 3 times today

Buddy and I launched at The Big O at 6am hoping for stripers.  Went all the way out to the main Potomac looking for them and then all the way down to the power plant to no avail.  Got a call from another buddy they had caught a few near Mt. Vernon.  Motored back to the Big O ramp, low on gas.  Trailered the boat and gassed it up again and then launched at Pohick around 11am.  Fished that area for 2 hours without a hit or mark.

Determined to catch some fish, loaded back up at Pohick and went back to the Big O.  Went to the headwaters in search of hickories.  We found them an caught probably 30 or so in a little over an hour.  Before leaving, 2 game wardens came up on some yakers that had beached their yaks on the shoreline of the Fairfax Water Authority up by the "falls".  Looked like a lot of ticket writing to me............an long faces.................

Hell or High Water...........I'm Fishin!!   big_smile

#2 Apr-25-15 2:52PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: 4-25 Launched 3 times today

That season pass was put to good use today!!

Good job on the hickories.....

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Apr-25-15 3:59PM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

At least you salvaged the day with some shad...

I was up in the reservoir above you and caught 5 in 10 hours...largest was 16" and FAT.  That was my first trip of the year.  Too much work and no time to fish.  Sore shoulder, but feels good....

Always wishin' I was fishin'

#4 Apr-27-15 7:06AM

firemunkee
Patagonian Toothfish

Glad you got something after all that work!

Together we'll fight the long defeat.

Board footer