Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Mar-23-15 11:49AM

RapalaAndy
Northern Snakehead

3-21 Ashburn Ponds 4.86

Doing a bit of Pond fishing now the ice is gone smile  I haven't hit all the Ashburn ponds but kudos on the grounds keepers. They really cleared up the shore line nice this year. Funny how a little change can move the fish as well as new vegetation.

Picked this 4.86 lb. on a jig with a Rage craw trailer. The evening temps are still low so the fish I have targeted were on lipless crank baits, super slow rolling a spinner bait , or just the fail safe jig and trailer combo.

http://s1.postimg.org/aulj9r7nf/IMG_0123.jpg

I just ordered some small maintenance items for the Ranger so I should be ready to take some people out fishing in a few weeks smile

#2 Mar-23-15 4:27PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: 3-21 Ashburn Ponds 4.86

RapalaAndy wrote:

but kudos on the grounds keepers. They really cleared up the shore line nice this year. Funny how a little change can move the fish as well as new vegetation.

Nice early bass Andy!

Can you expand on that thought? In AV, they cut the shore stuff that was green before die off. It will all come back.

I don't understand how it affects the fish....other than there are no obstacles in front of you.

Keep an eye on my boat when you get to the lot....not using it until April 4 (or longer if it stays cold)!

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Mar-23-15 5:34PM

Fishfry
Northern Snakehead

WoW...nice fish...fat...nice to see fish like that after this winter!!

#4 Mar-25-15 10:43AM

RapalaAndy
Northern Snakehead

I haven't hit all the ponds but from the ones I have fished. More then just seasonal over brush was cut. Several trees were cut and drainage areas cleared up. Hell at Cedar from the street you can see what color socks Ernie has on when he's getting coffee in the morning....LOL

The water flow has changed in a few areas and with some of the trees cut down the shore line will have sun exposure all day. Last year the changes were pretty quick to see and I expect once the Summer kicks in we should have some killer top water spots.

Last edited by RapalaAndy (Mar-25-15 10:45AM)

Board footer