Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Mar-18-15 6:59AM

firemunkee
Patagonian Toothfish

First bass of the season 3/17

Yesterday I hit Pavillion before work and B/C during lunch. I had nothing to show for all my effort. While out there catching nothing, 10 yards down the shore was a heron on the hunt. I saw it focusing extremely hard on the water. I knew what was coming so I patiently waited before switching spots. A few moments later it gives into the water and emerges with a small bluegill. It was a pretty cool sight to see. At least some one caught a fish...Then I decided to try one last spot. That was a good decision because I pulled in my first bass of the year! Tiny guy but it sure felt good!

http://images2.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv384%3C6%3Enu%3D7278%3E546%3E257%3EWSNRCG%3D37%3B%3B693882348nu0mrj

I think I saw Curly out there aiming for crappie, but he was leaving. The fellow had a backpack and ruler so I assume it was him tongue

Together we'll fight the long defeat.

#2 Mar-18-15 7:20AM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: First bass of the season 3/17

I was at A/B at lunch yesterday......NADA crappie.

Hell or High Water...........I'm Fishin!!   big_smile

#3 Mar-18-15 7:44AM

Ernie
Administrator

firemunkee wrote:

Tiny guy but it sure felt good!

Gotta start somewhere....I threw the fly as the temps started to drop and only made 5-6 casts before the wind/cold drove me off. That was my 1st cast of the year on the lakes!

firemunkee wrote:

I think I saw Curly out there aiming for crappie, but he was leaving. The fellow had a backpack and ruler so I assume it was him tongue

No doubt.....but you guys must have been moving quickly. I walked the lakes at lunch and saw no one fishing!

Time to go fishin' again!

#4 Mar-18-15 7:55AM

firemunkee
Patagonian Toothfish

Ernie wrote:

firemunkee wrote:

No doubt.....but you guys must have been moving quickly. I walked the lakes at lunch and saw no one fishing!

Or you were the one moving quickly wink

Together we'll fight the long defeat.

#5 Mar-18-15 8:14AM

Ernie
Administrator

firemunkee wrote:

Or you were the one moving quickly

I do my best to try to sustain 4mph for my 4-5 mile walks....a little slower when a longer walk.

Time to go fishin' again!

#6 Mar-18-15 11:29AM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

Zippo crappie at lunch today........

Hell or High Water...........I'm Fishin!!   big_smile

#7 Mar-22-15 4:49PM

Fishfry
Northern Snakehead

Nice job...beautiful color!

Can't wait to get back in town and get a line wet....of course that would mean returning to frigid weather....hmm, perhaps I'll wait a week.

Board footer