Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Feb-12-15 4:55PM

purpleworm
Northern Snakehead

Save Burke Lake Park

I saw this on Facebook this evening:

for those who do not wish to see Burke Lake developed into a commercially run golf course (not by the county) please click the link & sign this petition. They are meeting right now.

https://www.change.org/p/fairfax-county … src-no_msg

#2 Feb-12-15 6:02PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Save Burke Lake Park

I coached with Pat Herrity for a few years and we were two of the founding partners of PIHI (in line hockey league). Anyone you know meeting with him?

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Feb-13-15 5:24PM

purpleworm
Northern Snakehead

Nope. Saw it posted on a group page on Facebook, think it's called Virginia Bass League. Have you heard anything about this?

#4 Feb-14-15 5:07AM

Ernie
Administrator

Have not heard a thing. Odenkirk might know something.

#5 Feb-14-15 10:38AM

Ernie
Administrator

Update:

Feb 14, 2015 — We hosted a community meeting on February 12th with Pat Herrity and Park Authority representatives in attendance.

There are a multitude of concerns regarding the content of this unsolicited proposal and of the review process as well. We are extremely concerned that the original changes outlined in the Park Authority’s master plan, have evolved from a modest “upgrade” to a massive bar/restaurant with an amusement park-like atmosphere. This will impact the peaceful and serene nature of Burke Lake, and is not in keeping with the character of the park, or with the expectations of the citizens who use it. In addition, the proposal changes a family-friendly driving range and golf course into a golf-themed bar and adult party environment. While Supervisor Herrity and the Park Authority have acknowledged that they have heard our concerns, it is important that we continue to be vigilant to make certain that this proposal by KC Management is rejected.

Follow us on our Facebook page: "SaveBurkeLakePark"

#6 Feb-23-15 10:32AM

Ernie
Administrator

Done!

Feb 23, 2015 — "I am pleased to report that both the Park Authority and I agree that it is clear we will not be able to reach an agreement on the unsolicited proposal that will address our concerns and the Park Authority has informed the project's proposer that they will not be moving forward with the proposal."
-- Pat Herrity Report

Thank you to everyone who signed the petition, posted comments and helped us fight this proposal plan.

Follow the link to read the full Herrity Report:
http://myemail.constantcontact.com/Top- … CVjKXu_yNE

#7 Feb-23-15 4:09PM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

Good News!

Always wishin' I was fishin'

Board footer