Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Aug-24-14 7:31PM

Fishfry
Northern Snakehead

Kayaking

Got out on Ashburn and Cedar this weekend in the kayak. 

Great, but cruel action on Ashburn Saturday.....fish didn't start hitting until the rain started to downpour, but I stuck it out and pulled 4 nice bass out.  Cruel because I wanted to stay out longer, but there was some lightening in dem' clouds and sitting in the middle of a lake, in a kayak and holding a fishing pole.....isn't where you want to be in a thunderstorm.

Cedar was great on Sunday, weather was pleasant, but I stayed out way too long and I was quickly a sunburned Asian guy drifting around in a kayak.  Got burnt to a crisp, and now daughter calls me an "eggroll."  Sigh..no respect.  Caught quite a few bass and got to meet Ernie!!!

Interesting thing about Cedar...went from a 5" worm to a 3" worm and the action picked up....yeah, I know there is a joke in there somewhere, cuz' I thought size matters. lol

Have to say that Cedar has my attention.....I've broken one rod there, had a #2 worm hook straightened, and today something hit a 3" worm so hard it scared the crap outta me.  I am thinking about dusting off the bait casting rigs I normally use for going after bigger bass....! yikes

Okay, Ernie/Curly...what's in there?  Ernie told me about a few larger fish in there, and a guy showed me a picture of a large bass he claims to have caught there...and it was impressive...far larger than the 3lb-5lb limit I thought swims around in there...So, don't laugh if you see me waddling around with a "Jaw's" type rig. smile

#2 Aug-25-14 3:20AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Kayaking

Walter is in there....he was 14 pounds 2-3 years ago. Big ole cat!

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Aug-25-14 7:43AM

firemunkee
Patagonian Toothfish

I saw you on Ashburn on Saturday. Way to stick it out in the rain! What kind of kayak do you have? It looked like an inflatable.

Together we'll fight the long defeat.

#4 Aug-29-14 3:48AM

Fishfry
Northern Snakehead

Hi Firemunkee,
    I have a FeelFree Lure10 fishing kayak (fiberglass).  Its a "sit-on top/stand-on" kayak....however, I've also done the "sit-underneath" when I fell out of it once...oddly, its tough to catch fish when you're starring up at your kayak from the bottom of a lake.

Best regards,

Kris

Board footer