Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jul-06-14 8:44PM

IL_DUCE

Goose Creek Hooligans

I know this is nothing new to anybody on this board, but I wanted to share an experience I had on Goose Creek this past Saturday. I launched my kayak from Kephart to float towards the mouth and toss some flies for some smallies. The fishing was great - once I cleared the first few hundred yards of the creek from the launch. Caught 6 fish in about 2 hours on a crawfish imitation, all 10-12". Anyways, within a 200 yards or so of the launch there were two groups of "gentlemen" (about 7-8 total) swimming and drinking beer across the creek from one another. One group had a fire going on the bank. When a member of either group would finish their beers, they would throw the glass bottles at each other from across the creek, some landing on the shore and breaking others landing in the creek. All the while whooping it up and laughing. Not too far down was another group of what I guess to be high school students sitting on the bank lighting off firecrackers and smoking marijuana. I did not get any trouble from either group, but neither seemed to be ashamed of their actions. As I was leaving, I did see a Sheriff driving towards the launch on Riverpoint Drive, hopefully coming to provide some type of enforcement. I have heard from others of the shady activity that goes on near Goose Creek, but this was the worst experience I have had since I started fishing the creek years ago. It is not my intention to scare anyone or steer them away from what is otherwise a great resource for fishing/kayaking/wading, but I felt the need to share with fellow anglers and I figured this board would be the most appropriate place (aside from sharing with law enforcement).

#2 Jul-07-14 5:53AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Goose Creek Hooligans

Thanks for putting this up....hopefully, the sheriff was able to curtail some of that action. I have friends with little kids that use that area all the time.

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Jul-07-14 6:36AM

HoleyRockofTX
Website

I hate when people throw their trash in the water.  Totally irresponsible.

#4 Jul-07-14 6:47AM

Ernie
Administrator

HoleyRockofTX wrote:

I hate when people throw their trash in the water.  Totally irresponsible.

Agreed....coming back form Occoquan one day, I saw a lady throw a full bag of trash out the window. I was pulling the boat or I would have chased her down and called the cops. Blatant!

Time to go fishin' again!

Board footer