Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Apr-22-08 5:46AM

CozUF2001
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

ABC - B&C Work Best for Me

The last couple of times I have gone out around here, I have targed Beech and Cedar Lakes on the south end of AV. I saw a lot of good bass on Beech last Thursday, but only had luck hooking into the 1lb and smaller fish. I saw a nice 3+ lber hiding in the grass, but annoyed him enough to swim away, not take my bait. I was successful with smaller presentations (e.g. 6 in zoom worm) and had a good time on that warm sunny day. I threw one cast to Cedar right before I left and hooked into a chunky, small bass. Needless to say my batting average is a little better on Cedar!

I fished B&C last night, in the rain, for about an hour and a half. I decided to see what all the panfish/crappie fuss is about after looking at pictures of Curly's sink. I threw a tiny pink headed jig with a yellow grub trailer to have a little small fish fun. On Beech, I hooked and landed a bass and three nice bluegill. I lost a couple of other fish including a tiny bass (5in or so) and some other bluegill. I made my way over to Cedar just before leaving and hooked into a nicer bluegill and a crappie. Pound for pound, the bluegill fight is far superior to the Crappie bite. I hit a nice trifecta by landing a bass, bluegill, and crappie in the rain. Funny enough, I was the only one out there!

If it were easy, they'd call it catching!

#2 Apr-22-08 6:11AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: ABC - B&C Work Best for Me

I saw you from the sun room....thought about joining you but ......way to go on the trifecta in the rain!

Ernie

Time to go fishin' again!

Board footer