You are not logged in.

#1 Mar-29-14 10:40AM

bigjeffie
Patagonian Toothfish

tackle-when is enough enough?

So, I went to dicks this am....
I found pretty much what  I wanted.
I stopped on the way to the register
And asked myself, how much difference will this purchase really make, when I get to the water?

I love nice tackle. High (relatively) end rods and reels, tungsten, flourocarbon etc..
It is good stuff, and it is superior. It makes for a wonderful experience.
It is also expensive.

I reconsidered, put it all back, and decided to make due with what I have.

#2 Mar-29-14 10:50AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: tackle-when is enough enough?

Catching fish on older stuff (tackle) is cool. It worked then, why not today?

Earlier this year, I sold a ton of stuff...not the economy but I never used the stuff. And I don't miss it!! The BRHS Fishing Club will be he beneficiary of lots of bags of soft plastics. They will all catch fish!

Anyone want a $50 Dick's Gift Card for $43.50? If anyone wants a 15% discount right off the bat, let me know.

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Mar-29-14 2:47PM

bigjeffie
Patagonian Toothfish

I used to take used senkos and carve them into micro jig dressings for panfish and winter bass.
Something about laying open that magical senko potion with a razor blade got me o lot of bites,on tough cold days

#4 Mar-29-14 9:26PM

firemunkee
Patagonian Toothfish

Such self control! I got a hold of a few of Ernie's goodies. Great gear at a fraction of the cost! I can't wait until the next time some of his current gear gets moved to the never used stuff wink And that's a good idea with the senkos. I'll have to give that a try.

Together we'll fight the long defeat.

#5 Mar-30-14 5:50PM

Dominion Dan
Patagonian Toothfish

No, there is no such thing as too much. I highly recommend everyone go out and buy some more right now. smile

Truthfully, I have begun to limit myself in the last couple years to what I will realistically use. I will buy in bulk but only stuff that I use all the time.

#6 Mar-31-14 8:06AM

Bryan
Patagonian Toothfish

I'll admit it. Sometimes when I lose a lure or a rod breaks, part of me is a little excited because it's an excuse to buy more stuff.

They're currently building a Dick's out here in Culpeper. This is going to be bad for my wallet.

tight lines

#7 Apr-01-14 6:19AM

dave
Northern Snakehead

This is a trick question.

#8 Apr-02-14 9:26AM

bigjeffie
Patagonian Toothfish

I am not much of an organizer. A guy can get by with less. Generally, a few basics will get it done if it can be done. Beyond that, a key item or approach can make all the difference on a certain day.

Even so, I am usually at least compettitive--from the back of the boat, with a fraction of the hardware my ace tournament buddies throw

Board footer