Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Apr-18-08 7:39PM

bassman
Northern Snakehead

4-18 Pavilion Report - The Spawn is On

Spent 45 minutes this afternoon practicing my casts at Pavilion - and watching literally 100s of fish cruise by doing the spawn tango.  Even the carp and the turtles were in the mood!  The spawn is in full swing, and I threw the entire tackle box at them and nothing would work.  People walking their dogs would stop and kindly point out that the fish were just sitting there.  I guess you could call it spawn madness. 

Silver lining: at least Pavilion is relatively algae-free, and it's clear that there are plenty of fish - I saw several in the 2+ range sitting on their nests.  Now if I can only get their attention back on aggressively attacking whatever happens to float or spin by them . . .

#2 Apr-19-08 8:10AM

jumping jasper
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: 4-18 Pavilion Report - The Spawn is On

My guess is they are still eating or attacking, but they are tough to catch in bright light in the middle of the afternoon. If you see them they see you. Live bait in those situations will probably work, but I would try again during  low light times.

smile

#3 Apr-20-08 6:45AM

bassman
Northern Snakehead

Curly - 2 questions:
-  Which part of the lake did you fish?  I was up at the western end behind the townhomes where the water is pretty shallow.
-  What type of spinner, and how do you fish it?  I tried one, and I beleive I may be using a bad technique - any pearls of wisdom will be appreciated.

#4 Apr-20-08 9:57AM

Bass Hunter
Northern Snakehead

Curly,

When does the "Crappie Spawn" usually end?

#5 Apr-22-08 5:40AM

CozUF2001
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

The full moon schedule likely put the full swing spawn into effect. With the moon changing and the week long bedding period coming to an end, we will all be faced with the "feast or famine" of post spawn fishing.

Does anybody know if they will remove the "no fishing off marina" sign when the new fence guard is set up? I have never fished off of the marina and honestly get annoyed when I see people do it against the will of the sign and AVCA. Was the sign a deterrent for safetly purposes or for congestion purposes?

If it were easy, they'd call it catching!

Board footer