Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jan-20-14 7:53PM

firemunkee
Patagonian Toothfish

Accotink creek 1/19

I went to Accotink yesterday in hopes of catching so trout. I was in the area and figured it'd be easier than fishing for bass. I was there a few months ago but I remembered where the productive spots were. I visited three spots but no luck smile I tried a spinner and the trout magnet. I saw a fly fisherman, but didn't get a chance to talk with him. He was always ahead of me and always on the move. Guess he wasn't productive either. Oh well, it was nice to get outside and enjoy the weather. Wonder if they all moved or simply don't survive the winter?

Together we'll fight the long defeat.

#2 Jan-21-14 5:07AM

Bryan
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Accotink creek 1/19

Thanks for the report! I bet all that rain we had the weekend before last washed some of them downstream a bit.

tight lines

#3 Jan-21-14 5:59AM

backtofuturetoyota
Patagonian Toothfish

Agree on the rain possibly washing them further down stream.  Trout are winter fish, so they're more than happy in the cold.  As a matter of fact....I recall fishing a lake where there was only a 4ft diamter hole in the ice (the rest of the lake was frozen over) and that's where I caught 5-6 rainbows....powerbait baby!

#4 Jan-21-14 9:51AM

firemunkee
Patagonian Toothfish

So in theory, would some of the trout upstream from where I was fishing have been washed downstream to where I was? How are we ever to keep track O_o haha

Together we'll fight the long defeat.

#5 Jan-22-14 6:44AM

backtofuturetoyota
Patagonian Toothfish

I personally just work my way down the stream....sometimes they just don't bite. Try not to freeze your fingers off!!

#6 Jan-22-14 2:23PM

GregF
Northern Snakehead

I haven't spent a lot of time fishing trout, but I thought you wanted to work your way UP stream so you didn't spook them.  This is going on the principle that the fish will tend to face up stream into the current and therefore would be less likely to see you coming from downstream.  Asking the experienced trout fishermen.  Does it matter?

Board footer