Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Sep-08-13 5:32AM

AbuMasgouf
Northern Snakehead
Website

BB 09/06/2013

It was my first time at the BB and man was it trial by fire. It was really enjoyable though!

Launched around 6am. Air temperature was in the 60's and water temperature averaged around 74.

I took a brief video to show the conditions to anyone who hasn't gone out there before. I was told that these conditions are at the top end of the worst conditions you would go out in. Anymore and they said you should stay home.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQ8YJjfyx7A

The good news is I didn't get skunked on my first trip to the BB! I pulled in a 18.25"... small but keeper size smile

A friend also hooked me up with a fat keeper, so I ended up going home with two fish!

So originally I wasn't planning on Masgoufing them, but I took my family over to my Mom's and well... Iraqi traditions die hard! big_smile

http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a536/AbuMasgouf/Cooking/20130907_204825_zps3922e20c.jpg

Mustafa
ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
2016 Hobie Outback
"Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam Al'Sadiq (p)

#2 Sep-09-13 3:48AM

backtofuturetoyota
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: BB 09/06/2013

Wow! I would've been yacking friday morning in those conditions. The winds did cease about noon.  As always, my mouth shouldn't be watering this early in the morning! lol

#3 Sep-09-13 4:43AM

Ernie
Administrator

Estas loco!!

But the fish look great ....two masgouf tastes!

Time to go fishin' again!

#4 Sep-09-13 4:58AM

AbuMasgouf
Northern Snakehead
Website

backtofuturetoyota wrote:

Wow! I would've been yacking friday morning in those conditions. The winds did cease about noon.  As always, my mouth shouldn't be watering this early in the morning! lol

I wasn't sure what I was going to feel hut I figured hey this is an opportunity to learn more about myself! LOL
Yes the winds did die down even a little earlier closer to 11am but unfortunately the bite died with them. Although heading back was much nicer than say the least lol!

Funny thing is even though I ate it, I still get hungry looking at it as well! big_smile

Mustafa
2016 Hobie Outback
"Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam Al'Sadiq (p)

#5 Sep-09-13 5:02AM

AbuMasgouf
Northern Snakehead
Website

Pacemaker wrote:

Estas loco!!

But the fish look great ....two masgouf tastes!

Sí estoy de acuerdo , muy Loco! LOL!

Thanks Ernie! smile

Mustafa
2016 Hobie Outback

#6 Sep-09-13 5:13AM

Bryan
Patagonian Toothfish

I bet splitting the fish like that would work really well for the grill too. Thanks for the report!

tight lines

#7 Sep-09-13 7:51AM

Craig

Well done - your pics of the cooked fish always look delicious too!

#8 Sep-09-13 8:43AM

AbuMasgouf
Northern Snakehead
Website

Thanks Craig!

Bryan, yes you can also cook it on the grill this way. In fact the fish on the left was cooked on the grill because I forgot the set of skewers. We just put it in one of those grilling baskets (similar to this: http://www.amazon.com/06601X-Deluxe-Non … amp;sr=1-8). Cook one side then the other. If using charcoal cook the back first to take most of the initial strong heat on the scale side, then do the flesh as a finish. This is the opposite of doing it on an open fire  where you would cook flesh first then finish the scale side on the coals: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLyxBGULgJ0

Mustafa
2016 Hobie Outback

Board footer