Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Aug-03-13 3:47PM

T.
Patagonian Toothfish

Finally (Pohick 8/3)

Today I fished the NHBA tournament, but differently.  I fished from my yak and was allowed to launch at Pohick since that is where I wanted to fish.  I had roughly two hours less fishing time than everyone else.  An hours worth of paddling to and from my spot and allow an hour to get back in time for the 'weigh in'.  It was not a typical weigh-in since it was a CPR (Catch-photo-release) tournament, hence the reason I was able to fish it in my yak.  It also allowed me to count my catch for Kayakwars.

Thursday I picked up some Zoom horny toads and I started off using them first today.  And I finally hooked up and landed my first snakehead.

http://home.earthlink.net/~loudounfisher/images/1stsnakehead.jpg

I had a few other blow ups with two for sure getting it in their mouths but not getting hooked.  One of them I actually saw shoot out from the weeds, grab it and then shoot back into the weeds.  I gave it plenty of time before going for the hookset to no avail.

The creek current was weaker than normal especially since it was a falling tide.  The bass weren't real active and I was only getting a few dinks.  I headed back to another shallow, weedy area to see if I could get another snakehead.  I got another big blowup up the horny toad and the fish was thrashing all over, surely another snakehead right?  Nope.  19.75" and roughly 4.5lb

http://home.earthlink.net/~loudounfisher/images/4-5lbbass.jpg

Eventually I was able to get 5 more keepers in my last hour or so and my best five put me in 5th place for the day with 11.36lbs.  My first limit for the year too.

Time to go BBQ that snakehead.

#2 Aug-03-13 4:02PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Finally (Pohick 8/3)

Well done...you will enjoy your fish!

Today's mid day tides were very weak....

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Aug-06-13 1:29PM

AbuMasgouf
Northern Snakehead
Website

Re: Finally (Pohick 8/3)

Awesome going T!

Mustafa
ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
2016 Hobie Outback
"Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam Al'Sadiq (p)

Board footer