Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jul-29-13 5:31PM

Ernie
Administrator

7-29-13, Out of Pohick

Three thousand casts...but a beautiful blue bird day with low humidity!

Dan, Leon and I splashed my boat at Pohick in search of Leon's 1st ever snakehead. Leon fishes the bay mostly....he keeps a boat at Breezy Pt.

Low tide was around 8 AM so we could not go deep at Pohick. We fished a channel and Dan was able to pick up a LMB to get the skunk off the boat.

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj320/Kiko13PB/New%20Kiko/001_zps2df8ed27.jpg

That was the only hit so after a bit we decided to make a move towards Douge Creek. But where did the grass go? After a few short minutes, we realized that without grass, our snakie chances were minimal =so we made a longer move.

BTW, we threw top water for 90% of the time....

Once in Belmont Bay, we went to my favorite creek and the water was clear. It was an aquarium. We could see tons of bass and double that number of cats.

Towards the end of our stay there, we got a few hits but we witnessed a massive hit on Leon's frog as a big snakie slammed him. He waited two seconds but the snakie torpedoed out of the water and spit the hook. It was a sight to see and I would bet that Leon will think about it all night long. As a matter of fact, on the way home, he just blurted out, "man, I can't believe I missed that one!".

It was starting to get late and we decided to head back to Pohick as it was now high tide. We got back deep and had a few hits.

At one point, Dan had a snakie follow and we all watched in amazement as the NSK came close and then made a 90% turn into the weeds. We could see the white's of his eyes.

Man, what a great species. No snakie luck for us today but I promised Leon another time out for a try for his 1st snakie.

Dan caught this guy as well.

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj320/Kiko13PB/New%20Kiko/002_zpsd21f22f2.jpg

I can't explain the slow fishing. the bass in the creek would just cruise by us and barely look at our offerings.

Good day with two very good fishermen....

Time to go fishin' again!

#2 Jul-30-13 5:14AM

captmikestarrett
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Re: 7-29-13, Out of Pohick

Leon will soon get the fever for Potomac Pike I would venture to guess. That moment when they shoot out of the water like a marlin will keep playing again and again in his head. Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated.

Capt Mike

Light Tackle Fishing Guide on the Potomac

#3 Jul-30-13 5:39AM

Ernie
Administrator

I guarantee that he had nightmares about the way that snakie shot out of the water. It's still a vivid picture in my mind. So explosive...so exiting!

He did ask me if we could go again....I will see him Thursday for a haircut so i will see how he is.

Time to go fishin' again!

#4 Jul-30-13 8:53AM

Osprey
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

captmikestarrett wrote:

That moment when they shoot out of the water like a marlin will keep playing again and again in his head.

Capt Mike

I can vouch for that. I'm still searching for a word, awesome falls short.

20' Key West..16' C-Hawk...Hobie Pro Angler...Hobie Outback

Board footer