Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jun-16-13 8:49AM

Osprey
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

6/15 fishing with Michael

I launched the boat at Aqualand Marina, beside 301 bridge on the middle Potomac Sat. morning for a Father's Day weekend get together. I was early enough to do some scouting before the boys showed up, and didn't find much. There was one spot I didn't get to try because another boat was anchored nearby.

The guys arrived at 8:30 and we fished our way south along the shore with just a few dink stripers and I noticed the boat had left so we pulled in and anchored and started casting. First cast, first fish and handed off to Michael. After a good fight it turned out to be about a 3# blue cat. Our trips used to be all about Mike to get him interested in fishing. Now he's doing his own casting and catching with and ultra light outfit. Not the best for salt water species, but it's his and he's using it.

Michael managed several more cats including one of 5#. He landed an 11" perch, a 17" striper and one other surprise on his ultra light. His dad hasn't even caught one of these.

After a good fight, Mike might have lost a few teeth, but not this 18.5" keeper.

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii214/captchawk/P1000413_zpsd8a69ca8.jpg

Later in the day Uncle Mark caught another Red that was just 18" that went back. Mike and his dad took home the Red and perch he caught along with 5 croakers from 12 - 14" caught on bottom fished shrimp. The middle of the day was interupted by a Cobb Island crab feast. Might have been a day early, but a great way to spend Father's Day.

20' Key West..16' C-Hawk...Hobie Pro Angler...Hobie Outback

#2 Jun-16-13 10:06AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: 6/15 fishing with Michael

Outstanding!

What a beautiful red....and then a crab feast!

Send my congrats to Michael....

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Jun-16-13 2:20PM

GregF
Northern Snakehead

That is a great Father's Day.  I bet his Dad's face was as proud as Michael's looks on that picture! Congrats!

#4 Jun-17-13 6:08AM

Bryan
Patagonian Toothfish

A slot size red that far up the river is a great catch!

tight lines

#5 Jun-17-13 7:23AM

Craig

Healthy looking fish and a big grin that says it all! Well done

Board footer