Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jun-04-13 10:43AM

BillyBigMouth
Northern Snakehead

Leesylvania Spots

Hoping to fish for a few hours out of Leesylvania SP Sunday morning.  I have never been there and am wondering where to go once I get there.  I will have my kayak so I am wondering where the best close spots to the launch are.  Looking for anything that will bite smile

Also, if anyone wants to join, let me know!

#2 Jun-04-13 10:50AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Leesylvania Spots

Don't see many yaks there usually. Pohick might  be a better choice.....and closer.

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Jun-04-13 10:58AM

BillyBigMouth
Northern Snakehead

Oh, okay.  Sounds good to me... I'll check it out.

#4 Jun-04-13 11:14AM

mudkart
Northern Snakehead

EZ cruz marina (also on Neabsco road right past the turnoff into Leesyl.) will let you launch from their ramp, probably for a small fee if its a kayak.  Lots of nice pilings, docks, veggies, a creek channel and a railroad bridge to play around in (basically all of Neabsco creek).  I'd call first to find out what they want to launch.
If you do launch from Leesyl., try the rip rap than head south to Powells creek, pretty much the same opportunities as Neabsco minus the docks and pilings.
Take a look at both via Google maps.

#5 Jun-05-13 5:24AM

BillyBigMouth
Northern Snakehead

Cool, sounds good!  Planning on heading to Pohick now and based on Google Maps and some research I have done, it sounds like the way to go is to head towards the creek and fish the shorelines.

#6 Jun-05-13 1:35PM

purpleworm
Northern Snakehead

Powells creek would probably be your best bet by kayak from Leesylvania. However I would take E's advice and head to Pohick instead. You have more options there and are afforded more protection from the wind. Be sure to check the tides as well, as a higher tide will allow you to get around more easily.

#7 Jun-07-13 4:29PM

BillyBigMouth
Northern Snakehead

I hope all of this rain doesn't ruin my Sunday trip to Pohick sad

#8 Jun-08-13 12:18PM

purpleworm
Northern Snakehead

I will be out there Sunday too, on the back of my buddy's Bass Tracker with a funny green hat on. If you see us, don't be shy, come and say hi.

Board footer