Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 May-28-13 7:58AM

Craig

Breezy Point 05-27-13

Did a quick morning trip with my father-in-law out of Breezy Point on Monday. The bay was still a little bumpy on the run down there but laid down nicely mid-morning as was forecast. Started at the CCNP - jigged the outflow with plastics. Took awhile but finally got smashed and the rod doubled over with something big tearing drag off and a lot of weight, I had my doubts about the species though and a few minutes later those suspicions were confirmed when a big old cow nosed ray popped up next to the boat with the BA in his mouth.... ah well - bit of fun.

Over the next 30 mins wash, rinse, repeat x 3, with one outsize model really giving my light Penn combo a test. All were hooked in the mouth but snipped them off at the jig rather than bringing them aboard to thrash about. Would hate to foul hook one of these on light gear - would take forever to get to the boat.

Switched from 7" to 5" plastics and landed a couple of small Rockfish 15"-16" and saw other boats catching a few dinks. One gent said he lost a keeper at the boat but didn't see any other keepers caught.

After a while with nothing else to show we moved away looking for fish on the fish finder. Around 10:30am after jigging on some marks i noticed a few plastics being bitten off and soon connected with the culprit - an 18" Blue. Seemed a bit early for them to be making a showing but there are at least a few of them moving about mid bay. After losing about 6 more plastic tails and failing to connect we moved on.

Packed it in around 11am and ran back to the ramp at full steam on a glass calm bay.

#2 May-28-13 8:02AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Breezy Point 05-27-13

Nice Craig....those rays can sure give you a tug!

Glad you got out there....

Time to go fishin' again!

Board footer