Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Mar-02-08 2:09PM

Ernie
Administrator

3-2-08, Finally found the blue gills in Cedar!!

It has been a few weeks since I've had the opportunity to fish Cedar Lake. I had an hour this afternoon day so out I went with my 3wt fly rod and a small bead head bugger.

Curly was across the lake sitting on a lawn chair while probing the area for crappie.

After my 10th cast, I got a nice hit but I missed the fish....that can be frustrating! But a few casts later, I got another nice hit and this time I landed the chunky blue gill. All right!

Both of the hits were down deep so I patiently waited for the bead head fly to fall to the bottom (10-12 feet out, 5-6 feet deep) and I would strip it VERY slowly, almost like little tugs. Figuring that out was important because I got 5-6 more hits and was able to land 3 more nice blue gills.

It’s transition time!!

Ernie

Time to go fishin' again!

#2 Mar-02-08 5:02PM

bassman
Northern Snakehead

Re: 3-2-08, Finally found the blue gills in Cedar!!

I hit Cedar between 1 and 3, but still wearing the skunk smell . . . tried pig 'n jig, wacky worm, and grubs, but nothing . . . still pulling up algae, which makes me wonder if the association will treat Cedar this year?

#3 Mar-02-08 5:26PM

Ernie
Administrator

Cedar will be treated...not much you can do now for that bottom stuff. This was discussed at our last L & P meeting. I brought up some of that stuff too.

BTW, there is a great article in the last In Fisherman magazine that talks about lure recognition and color....very interesting!

Ernie

#4 Mar-10-08 5:24PM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

The article in the In-Fisherman magazine is very interestin'  ...read it myself

#5 Mar-11-08 5:12PM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

I just got a blue gill in the lake next to Cedar......and my friend gotta a bass.  Both around 7:15

#6 Mar-12-08 12:21PM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

I just gotta a little one.  Maybe I will get that one eventually.

#7 Mar-12-08 5:56PM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

Anyone know where I can get maps of lakes in the Village such as Cedar lake...preferably even topographic

#8 Mar-12-08 6:10PM

Ernie
Administrator

Charlie,

Go see Mark Schnupp at the Ashburn Village Association office. He should have some maps. Cedar has changed since it was drained a few years back. Next time you come see Brett, I will show you some pics of the bottom of Cedar when it was dry.

Also, Mark is an outstanding bass fisherman so pick his brain while you are there.

Ernie

Board footer