Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jan-18-13 8:23AM

Ernie
Administrator

Must GO fishing film event on March 28!!

Some of us belong to a group called the Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders. They are fly guys that fish the Potomac. Many of us fish the Potomac.

A new film has been created, Urban Lines, which is a short film about our local fishing scene on the tidal Potomac. Incredibly, it has been selected for the 2013 Fly Fishing Film Tour!

Film-makers for Urban Lines are: Jereme Thaxton (www.freestoneentertainment.com) and Nick & Kami Swingle (www.twofistedheartproductions.com). Cast of characters are our very own, Potomac born and bred (well mostly): Rob Snowhite, Trent Jones, John Bilotta, and Dan Davala. Some of you may recognize these guys.

Below is the synopsis and trailer for the film which will be shown at cinema-n-drafthouse in Arlington on March 28.

Check out the trailer at: https://vimeo.com/57194663

Here's a synopsis of the film: TwoFisted Heart Productions is partnering with Freestone Entertainment to create a film on the tidal Potomac River that counters common stigmas and stereotypes of fly fishing. Four fly fishermen in Washington, D.C. demonstrate that fly fishing is more than an individual pursuit of the catch, more than once-a-year or once-in-a-lifetime trips out West or to exotic locations abroad.  In an unlikely setting of concrete vistas, population density and traffic nightmares, the Potomac River proves that adventure and epic fishing are available to everyone on a daily basis. D.C. fly fishermen have embraced that concept through an online community that provides a 21st century, Web 2.0 take on passionately protecting our water resources for the future and connecting with the people around us. It’s about thinking globally and fishing locally. Otherwise, it’s just another sport.

As soon as I find out when tickets go on sale, I will let you know.

Time to go fishin' again!

#2 Feb-04-13 1:44PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Must GO fishing film event on March 28!!

#3 Feb-05-13 6:10AM

captmikestarrett
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

A Potomac Pike on a fly is a fish of more than a thousand casts for sure...

Thanks for sharing.

Capt Mike

Light Tackle Fishing Guide on the Potomac

#4 Feb-05-13 12:00PM

Ernie
Administrator

Capt Mike....

John Nguyen and I are going to try that on one of the dates I have booked wth you. Make sure you bring your wire brimed hat that day.

#5 Feb-05-13 1:59PM

captmikestarrett
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Sounds good .. you will need to practice the underarm tuck and two hand pull in order to score. Or just get really lucky.

Capt Mike

Light Tackle Fishing Guide on the Potomac

#6 Feb-05-13 5:59PM

Redfish12
Northern Snakehead
Website

I have had two blow ups on the fly, both came before the mouse fly even hit the water it seemed like. Or maybe I am just rusty at getting control of the line again, either way I did not hook up except for bass. I will try again this summer!

Tickets purchased for Sam and I!

#7 Feb-05-13 6:01PM

Ernie
Administrator

Redfish12 wrote:

Tickets purchased for Sam and I!

See you there!!

Board footer