Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Dec-11-12 6:39AM

Ernie
Administrator

CCA-NoVA 2013 DINNER and AUCTION- March 2, 2013

Coastal Conservation Association  Northern Virginia Chapter is pleased to invite you to our 13th Annual Dinner and Auction taking place on Saturday, March 2nd, 2013 at 6:00 pm.

Tickets - $50.00 - include a one year CCA membership - or renewal of CCA membership
Early Bird Coupon good for $20.00 off any Live or Silent Auction Item - for Tickets purchase prior to February 22nd.

Shawn Kimbro will be our guest speaker - he plans to perform some of his original music for the crowd.

This year’s event will be catered, featuring Hors D’oeuvres, Dinner, and a Full Bar.

20+ Live Auction Items including many Guided Fishing trips & high quality fishing gear.

35 + Silent Auction items - including Wine tasting packages, custom jewelry, custom Fly collections, and high quality outdoor gear

Grand Prize - LL Bean Kayak
Second Prize - CCA special branded 45 quart Yeti Cooler
Third Prize - HDTV

Plus over 35 additional raffle prizes -

We will have over $18,000 of Auction Items

Our Banquet Committee Members will be happy to help you obtain tickets and answer questions.

Carl Onesty 703-407-8921
Ernie Rojas 203-912-2173
Dave Gedra 703-439-0495
Rob Allen 703-626-2668
George Lenard 703-303-5125
Tom Welch 703-201-6100

We are extremely grateful to all of our Supporters and thank them for their part in helping CCA Conserve, Protect, and Restore our marine resources.

This Fundraiser will help our Chapter with many activities this year, including the “Save a Kid – Catch a Fish” trip we host each summer and help contribute to CCA's local and national conservation efforts.

Our event is an excellent opportunity to meet many fellow conservationists, pick up some very nice Auction items, and have a great time! Each year, we have been fortunate to have several of the Captains who have donated trips attend the event - a great opportunity to meet some of these folks.

With your support, we can help improve our Fishery and natural resources – Please accept our invitation to join us on March 2nd – Thank you.

Rob Allen

Rob Allen
President
Northern Virginia CCA
703-626-2668
rob.allen@princetoninformation.com

PS. If you are unable to attend the banquet and would like to support CCA VA’s efforts to protect our precious resources, please contact one of the committee members for donation instructions. Remember CCA VA is a 501 c 3 charitable organization and all donations are tax-deductible.

Coastal Conservation Northern Virginia
8529 Pappas Way, Annandale VA 22003

Time to go fishin' again!

#2 Dec-11-12 8:32AM

bigjeffie
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: CCA-NoVA 2013 DINNER and AUCTION- March 2, 2013

what is the CCA?

#3 Dec-11-12 9:52AM

Ernie
Administrator

Coastal Conservation Association

http://www.ccavirginia.org/CCAVirginia/Welcome.html

#4 Jan-21-13 6:46AM

Ernie
Administrator

I wanted to add that I am very involved in this organization as they do great work to help conserve our coastal resources. In particular, MD CCA has won many victories in uncovering illegal nets. VA CCA has been tireless in getting the menhaden netting reduced as it was just done.

As well, I am involved in the event serving as one of the MC's and selling raffle tickets. Three are many very nice prizes to be had.....

If you want to go, let me know and I will get you the registration info.

#5 Jan-21-13 7:32AM

Ernie
Administrator

2013 CCA  Northern Virginia Chapter – Dinner Auction Registration Form- Mail to Carl Onesty, Treasurer, 8529 Pappas Way, Annandale VA 22003

Name: _________________________________________________________________   Telephone: ________________________                                                                      

Address: _______________________________________________________________                                                                                                                                                 

City/State/Zip: _________________________________

E-Mail:______________________________________________________ □ Please E-Mail me with confirmation of registration.

□   Single Ticket  (includes  new Membership or Renewal)…………… $50       I am a: □ new member     □ renewal

□  Two Tickets (includes  two New Memberships or Renewals)………………… $100   

□ Blue Marlin Table: 8 people, (includes 8 Membership or Renewals)..…… $500  Table Name:________________________
     Includes a $100 Live Auction Coupon good toward an Auction Purchase                          (this name will appear on your table sign)

□ My Check is enclosed in the amount of $ _____________ Payable to CCA N. Virginia

□ Please Charge to my  VISA  /  Master Card.  Account Number:___________________________

Expiration Date:_______________ Signature:_________________________________________

#6 Jan-31-13 12:05PM

Ernie
Administrator

This is cool....we are pleased to feature Shawn Kimbro as our guest speaker for the event. Shawn is the author of Chesapeake Light Tackle – An Introduction to Light Tackle Fishing on the Chesapeake Bay.

He is also an accomplished Musician and will be performing some original songs about fishing and the Chesapeake region

#7 Feb-15-13 6:00AM

Ernie
Administrator

Being a member of the committee and the keeper of the list of auction items, I can tell you that this is an event worth going to.

Let me tell you how it works.

$50 gets you a ticket for dinner plus the CCA membership which entitles you to a great  magazine subscription.

You can then purchase raffle tickets for 1 book at $30 or 2 for $50 or 5 for $100. These tickets are used for the Big raffle (3 big prizes) and the "Bucket" raffle (40 items or so). There is also a 50-50 raffle that you are automatically entered in when you buy multiple raffle ticket books.

Then there is a "Silent" autciton with over 35 items.

And lastly, there is a "Live" auction of 20 items.

If you want to see what we have, send me an email and I will be glad to share.

#8 Feb-28-13 5:39AM

Ernie
Administrator

Last call for the Auction. There a few tickets still available ($50 which includes dinner and a one year CCA membership).

Shawn Kimbro will be our guest speaker – Shawn is an accomplished musician, avid outdoorsman, and writer.    He will be entertaining us with his own brand of Bluegrass music by performing some original songs about fishing, and the Chesapeake Region. He is currently the President of CCA Kent island Chapter in Maryland and serves on several committees in CCA Maryland.

If you have any questions, please let me know.....

Coastal Conservation Association Northern Virginia 13th Annual Dinner & Auction
March 2nd - 6:00 pm - 9:30 pm
Kena Shriners Temple
9001 Arlington Blvd
Fairfax, VA

#9 Mar-02-13 8:23PM

Ernie
Administrator

Great night....won some $$ and spent some too.

The entertainment was great and the audience was spending some money. I think everyone had fun and were able to get some auction items at reasonable prices.

Board footer