Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Sep-16-12 5:51PM

GregF
Northern Snakehead

10 minutes of fishing in PA= $$$$

So Tyler and I headed up to Scranton, PA to buy a pickup truck for him.  Success on the new truck.
http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff373/GregF000/120915-TNewTruck.jpg

BUT......While we were up there we planned to just fish for 10-20 minutes at a small lake in the area.  We pulled up to a small parking lot, walked through the woods to the waters edge near a nice old decaying bridge, and got our lines wet.  After 10 minutes of not even a bite, out walks a PA Game Warden.  Asks for my license which I completely forgot about getting.  Asks for Tyler's license, which he didn't have either.  I tried to let him know the whole situation and he couldn't have cared less.  All he could keep saying was "You are still fishing in PA without a license".  He said it was $187 per ticket plus he would confiscate all our rods (about $500 worth).  Panic was setting in.  No sweet talking was going to make this better.  So, we all worked our way back to the trucks and I quietly put the fishing rods back in the truck to get them off his mind.  He was really being a jerk.  He even told me to stand 10 feet away from him and not to reach into my pockets!!  The whole time I was being as nice and agreeable as I could!  In the end, after his Cop Wannabee power trip, he only gave me a ticket  ($187!) and let us keep our rods.  Lesson learned, and I know it could have been a lot worse, but boy did that suck!!.....And I didn't even catch a FISH!!!!!!

#2 Sep-16-12 5:55PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: 10 minutes of fishing in PA= $$$$

That does suck! Too bad about the attitude as well. PA fishing license is expensive!

Thanks for posting this because it will be a reminder to all. I bet someone will benefit form this....

Check your email.

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Sep-16-12 5:56PM

Osprey
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Nice truck

20' Key West..16' C-Hawk...Hobie Pro Angler...Hobie Outback

#4 Sep-16-12 6:21PM

GregF
Northern Snakehead

Tyler is a happy trucker!

Ernie,
OK.  That helps a little.

#5 Sep-17-12 8:14AM

hookup
Patagonian Toothfish

He could have been a little nicer, yes; but consider some of the characters he's come across, he needs to be sure his life is not in jeopardy.

PA is very vigilant on their licenses and wardens are everywhere.

Board footer