Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Aug-19-12 6:14PM

Redfish12
Northern Snakehead
Website

301 Bridge Area 8/18 & 8/19

Fished the 301 bridge area by kayak on Saturday. Went up to an oyster bar on the VA side and tried for a puppy drum. My cousin caught two right away and all I could manage was a small white perch. Wind picked up and it got pretty sporty out there so we fished the bar a little longer and caught a few small rock and I hooked and landed a tiny CNR. I managed to boga it and get my lure back so that was kinda cool to really see one up close.

Sunday, fished with a H&L friend of mine and my girlfriend. We hit the markers coming down the river out of Goose Bay and then bottom bounced for some croaker. We caught 7 keeper rock and probably a pretty even mix of croaker and white perch. I think we kept about 25? We fileted them and fried some of each for lunch! Doesn't get much better than that. My girlfriend caught the largest of each species, baited her own squid (even with both of us trying to help), removed most of her own fish from the hook, and made all of her own casts and hooksets. Mind you, she's from NYC and had never been fishing before she met me, so I'm pretty proud!

Looks like it could be a great fall down that way.

#2 Aug-19-12 6:43PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: 301 Bridge Area 8/18 & 8/19

Nice work Michael...on the fish and the GF!

These spoons are killer:

1. Li'l Bunker...ready to fish: http://www.specializedbaits.com/

2. Toothache, but I change to a 2/0 or 3/0 single hook: http://www.fishtek.com/Store/ProductDet … oductID=39

Sure, I don't get as many small fish but my hands are the better for it.

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Aug-19-12 7:37PM

Osprey
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Redfish12 wrote:

My girlfriend caught the largest of each species, baited her own squid (even with both of us trying to help), removed most of her own fish from the hook, and made all of her own casts and hooksets. Mind you, she's from NYC and had never been fishing before she met me, so I'm pretty proud!

I had a girlfriend like that once, then we got married and things changed. Just saying!

20' Key West..16' C-Hawk...Hobie Pro Angler...Hobie Outback

#4 Aug-20-12 2:41PM

Redfish12
Northern Snakehead
Website

George is donating some spoons to the CBKA event and I'm excited to try them out! I'll have to see if my gf will let me borrow it since she will be receiving it in her captains bag.

Bob- as long as she still let's me go fishing...

Board footer