Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Aug-17-12 8:02PM

Osprey
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Below 301 bridge 8/16

Launched the kayak at Aqualand at 3:00 with the high tide. Started catching small stripers along shore just south of the bridge. Continued casting the shoreline past the plant to below the creek mouth and back. Lures of choice were Z-Man shad tails in opening night and chartreuse on 3/8 oz heads. The fish preferred the opening night. Totals for the evening were 20 stripers up to 17 1/2" and lots of perch to 9" along with 1 little puppy and 2 blues @ 9". The last fish was a 24" striper that made me stay past dark hoping he wasn't alone. Staying rewarded the mosquitos back at the take out.

I'd like to recommend the Z-Man tails. The elastek seems indestructible. I could feel the little pecks from small blues all evening and never had a knob bitten off. If I had been fishing my usual bass assassin tails I would have burned through 30.

20' Key West..16' C-Hawk...Hobie Pro Angler...Hobie Outback

#2 Aug-18-12 4:13PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Below 301 bridge 8/16

I saw those Z-Man's today when I stopped at West Marine. They definitely feel different. I did not buy any simply because I need to loose about 1,000 BKDs, BAs, Zooms, Case Plastics and the like to then have a need for some new ones.

Oh...nice job on the keeper!

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Aug-19-12 6:18PM

Redfish12
Northern Snakehead
Website

Re: Below 301 bridge 8/16

Nice job on the 24", we couldn't break 20" today. Tons of 16's and 17's though. Lost about 5 tails to little blues, they were crushing some small bait. I used a small spoon to put some on the boat for cut bait but didn't end up landing anything noteworthy on them.

Z-mans are nice, but the straight tails do not have the action of a bkd. How do you hook them so they stay on? Mine are always sliding on me.

Board footer