Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jul-06-12 8:24AM

GregF
Northern Snakehead

WANTED: Used kayak

Shhhh....its my wife's birthday!  I am looking for a decent used SOT kayak for her, 10-12 ft long, decent seat, room for a small cooler in back.  It doesn't need to be rigged for fishing.  Cost is a big driver as well.  Anybody have a kayak taking up space that you would be interested in selling?  Respond here (I check multiple times a day anyway) or email me at:  gfolts@stargates.com

Thanks.

#2 Jul-06-12 12:40PM

kidnikarus
Northern Snakehead

Re: WANTED: Used kayak

Hi Greg,

I just picked up the 10 Ft Pelican Eclipse from BJ's - they have it for 225.00 - with paddle, 2 rod holders and a car top carrier. They knocked 10% off the price for me because they had me waiting over an hour for it and it turned out that no one had asked the back room to bring it up. I used once out of leeslyvania and loved it. I do not have much to compare to but it was pretty stable and room for modifications if needed.

Nick Mendis
Woodbridge, VA

#3 Jul-06-12 1:48PM

Osprey
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Give her yours and get yourself a Hobie

20' Key West..16' C-Hawk...Hobie Pro Angler...Hobie Outback

#4 Jul-06-12 3:04PM

GregF
Northern Snakehead

Nick,
Thanks for the suggestion.  Good to hear a positive review of it.  I will take a look.

Osprey,
Are you insane?  Do you have an extra $2000 lying around that you wanna give me to get a Hobie?  I will even knock that down to $1775 since Nick suggested one for $225!  I would absolutely love a Hobie but can't afford that kind of cash.  They are amazing kayaks though.

#5 Jul-09-12 3:51AM

GregF
Northern Snakehead

Thanks Nick for the help.  Got the kayak and the wife loves it.

#6 Jul-09-12 10:52AM

kidnikarus
Northern Snakehead

glad it worked out. did you have to pay an additional charge for not being a member?

Nick Mendis
Woodbridge, VA

#7 Jul-09-12 3:38PM

GregF
Northern Snakehead

Nope $224.95 + tax.  No problem.

#8 Jul-10-12 5:56PM

Redfish12
Northern Snakehead
Website

Greg, how do you think this kayak would hold up for a guy who is about 250 and 5'9'' ish? I'm looking to help my uncle find a kayak that he can paddle around with his wife (she has one already).

Thanks!

#9 Jul-10-12 6:36PM

kidnikarus
Northern Snakehead

hi redfish, I am 5'6 and 190 and I was very comfortable in it. the max weight on it is 250. if you or your uncle want to give it a try let me know. I am down in woodbridge.

Nick Mendis
Woodbridge, VA

#10 Jul-11-12 4:37AM

Redfish12
Northern Snakehead
Website

Thanks Nick! Turns out he went to Bass Pro and bought an ascend. Looks pretty decent so we will see.

#11 Jul-11-12 8:10AM

GregF
Northern Snakehead

Redfish, I haven't had it out on the water yet.  It will be a couple weeks before I can really give you an idea (because of the Canada trip).  I think it is perfect for my wife and I would bet it can handle 200+ without a problem.  The price went up to $250 on Monday and the Woodbridge store only had the display model left (which is just fine because nobody can sit in it the way it is displayed).

Board footer