Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jun-29-12 12:54PM

T.
Patagonian Toothfish

Beaverdam 6/28

I got launched on the west side around 6pm.  Tossed out a bitsy minnow right away while I got my depth finder sorted and I had a white perch on when I got around to reeling it in.  I headed to a spot where I was pretty confident I could find some fish.   An area about 10ft deep with deeper water all around.  There was some wind so I dropped anchor and started casting one of the Strike King tubes I picked up on Monday.  I hooked up with one right away, just about to lift it into the yak and it came off.   Eventually I hooked up again when the tube was nearly right below the yak.   I think it was the same bass that got off, a pale 12"-er. I  caught one more small one out there.  I moved around some looking for some schools of perch but only got a few here and there.  Also caught a few small bluegills and one final small bass near the launch.

#2 Jun-29-12 1:05PM

Bryan
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Beaverdam 6/28

Bet it was pretty hot out there. Thanks for the report.

tight lines

#3 Jun-29-12 1:24PM

T.
Patagonian Toothfish

Actually the heat wasn't bad at all.  Must've been a few degrees cooler there, plus the breeze.  I plan on going out there again on 90 degree days since it's not that bad.

Last edited by T. (Jun-29-12 1:24PM)

#4 Jun-29-12 1:40PM

bart2puck
Northern Snakehead

T.  i moving to a house right behind Beaverdam,  overall my experiences/thoughts about that place are that its weak for LMBS. whats your opinion?  others chime in too...

#5 Jun-29-12 2:35PM

T.
Patagonian Toothfish

There are a lot fish, it's just a matter of knowing where to find them.   Look at Paul Naj's reports, he'll pull out several 4-5lbers in a day.  He just hasn't been fishing this year otherwise I'm sure we'd be seeing some nice reports.

Besides the largemouths, all my biggest smallmouths have come from there.  The ones in the Potomac haven't come close.

Board footer