Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jun-29-12 5:57AM

BillyBigMouth
Northern Snakehead

Ashburn Village - Finding a rhythm

So, I have gone fishing from the shore in Pavilion the last few nights and have literally caught nothing.  I like Pavilion because I live right on it so it makes it easy.  Ever since I have moved to the area, I have been unable to really pickup a rhythm while fishing.  I had one great day back in May using a wacky worm and that was about it.  For instance, last night, I was around the pier and on it sometimes searching for the deeper water; I was throwing many different baits (spinner, worms, P&J, crankbaits) and didn't even get a hit.  Can anyone give any pointers on how to find a rhythm?  I am really struggling with that and fish a lot of nights without anything.  Thanks!

#2 Jun-29-12 7:19AM

Houli
Northern Snakehead

Re: Ashburn Village - Finding a rhythm

I fished Cedar and Beech from 5:30-7:30 pm yesterday and everything caught was tight to shore.  Nothing of any size but between me and a buddy we caught 10 LMB and a few nice gills with poppers on the fly rods.

#3 Jun-29-12 7:21AM

bigjeffie
Patagonian Toothfish

i saw the pavilion wedns, water is very clear.

there was wind on, so i was more optimistic

i threw a chatterbait. spinnerbait would have been better, but i didnt put 1 in my pocket before i started to walk.

i got a few hits. landed one. it was a big chatterbait, so i think the misses might have been 12" or smaller bass, as they have a tougher time getting hung on that big single hook.

my best bait on that place is a green pumpkin senko type worm, rigged straight or wacky. i can launch it like a tyler moore thin-air home run -on light line and my 9' ultre light spinning rod

go up to the top, or back, throw at that fountain- almost always good 4 a few. there is a channel of sorts leading back to the cove on your left, as you face that fountain from shore. there are usually fish relating to that.

the saddle under the bridge usually has a few as well, altho it gets hit hard.

had my boat on there lastt time in may, perhaps?? that clear water-coupled with a high sun, they will go deep, or under the shade on the bank, them fishes do not like blazing sun any more than we do-particulary if  there is no wind breaking up the surface.

now BB, u may already know this stuff. if so, u know that some days aint much good4nothin.
even master John, aka curly, who is and always will be the babe ruth, ty cobb, lou gerhig, henry aaron, ricky henderson, bryce harper(oops, lets not get too carried away, maybe almost on a good day) of ashburn village fishing, even he has logged a few goose eggs in his career.

#4 Jun-29-12 11:01AM

Osprey
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

bigjeffie wrote:

even he has logged a few goose eggs in his career.

Must have been during a February blizzard when his jighead wasn't heavy enough to break through the ice.  ;-)

20' Key West..16' C-Hawk...Hobie Pro Angler...Hobie Outback

#5 Jun-29-12 12:23PM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

Absolutely crushed them last Saturday on Pavilion.......See below thread...........

http://www.pacemakerfishing.com/forum/v … hp?id=4885

Hell or High Water...........I'm Fishin!!   big_smile

#6 Jun-29-12 12:30PM

BillyBigMouth
Northern Snakehead

Yeah, I saw that!  I am jealous.....

#7 Jun-29-12 1:32PM

TyF
Northern Snakehead

Wacky worms dominate this lake!!!!!

#8 Jun-29-12 1:57PM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

Pavilion bass tend to be in schools during the summer/fall.  Might be 5 in a school..........might be 500+.  The larger schools will be suspended over deep water.  Find a big school and what they want..............and you'll score big.  Need a heavy lure to reach them most times with very long casts.

The HOA now allows fishing from the dock at Pavilion (first tiime in my 20 years here).  Most of the water within casting distance from the gazebo has no structure and few big fish........That area will hold nice bass once the water temps drop into the 40s.

#9 Jul-01-12 12:22PM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

Big ZERO this morning at Pavilion.  Could not find them in the heat sad .

#10 Jul-01-12 1:01PM

theguvnor

Curly, do you think its worth it to head out this evening to the Pavilion?

#11 Jul-01-12 1:03PM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

ALWAYS!  Never know when they will turn on!

#12 Jul-01-12 1:26PM

BillyBigMouth
Northern Snakehead

I went out for a bit yesterday around 5:00pm... mainly focused on the coves and was able to pull 5 bass (nothing big) out of the weeds and pads

#13 Jul-01-12 1:55PM

theguvnor

Maybe I'll see you guys out on the lake in a bit. Staying out here with the parents since I have been without power since Friday night. So I'm going to make the most of it.

Board footer