Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jun-26-12 8:02AM

Charlie M
Website

Choopy Lures 3" Pike Give-Away

First and foremost, thanks to Ernie for letting me do this.

As posted in the other thread, I make a lure called the 3" Pike. It has been a pretty steady producer for a while now, and I am trying to spread the word about it. It's not the holy grail, but definitely a lure that is a really good addition to your fishing arsenal.

I wrote an article on how I like to fish them here: http://www.choopylures.com/2012/06/3-pi … -them.html

And here are some more product specifications: http://www.choopylures.com/p/swimmers_13.html#3Pike

And a picture of them. Just a small sampling of some of the colors I have done.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-PQ3DxTVziyw/TyCo-ZUV2sI/AAAAAAAAAts/qF1DKmJYuZE/s800/3PK_320.jpg

And now the fun part. I am going to give 4 of these lures to you guys. Please post in this thread with an "I'm in" and you are entered. I'll run this until July 2nd at 12 noon. Then I will randomly pick 4 people. Instead of offering some lures I already have painted, I am going to paint them whatever color scheme you want. It will take me 7-10 days to get them shipped to you.

Thanks for taking the time to check them out!

#2 Jun-26-12 8:08AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Choopy Lures 3" Pike Give-Away

I'm in!

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Jun-26-12 8:11AM

Paul Naj
Northern Snakehead

I'm in. (Kidding)

Oh BTW... Charlie is a talented plug builder, extremely humble and an awful salesman. ;-) I have been catching big fish on these lures since his original prototype 10 years ago. I mainly fish them at dusk, night and dawn, although his new version will dive a bit and pull fish out of structure during the day as well. I've had multiple cases where bass were blowing up in shad in the middle of the night and I've out fished the people with me 5 to 1 and 10 to 1 with this lure. There's something about the slow, quiet movement that triggers hits. The majority of the fish I catch on this plug have it completely in their mouth. The fish completely commit to this lure. For years I told Charlie it was because of the old lip he used to use that make it swim half under and half above the surface. This lip wasn't available commercially however, and wasn't suited for production. He has since proven me wrong. I now see very little difference in the number of strikes between the new production model vs. the prototype I still fish.

Also, again Charlie being humble, if you win one I'll ask that you give it honest time on the end of your line. He would love to get feedback here from you, positive or negative. Don't just throw this lure as a last resort. Give it casts when you know the fish are biting on the surface or just beneath. I believe you'll quickly become a fan.

Finally, I've asked Charlie to write another blog about tuning this lure. You can make it do different things by just adjusting the angle of the eye. Once you know what to look for you'll be sure that the lure is working correctly and maximizing your opportunity to get hit.

Thanks guys and good luck.

Last edited by Paul Naj (Jun-26-12 8:25AM)

#4 Jun-26-12 8:23AM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

I'm in...........Curly

Hell or High Water...........I'm Fishin!!   big_smile

#5 Jun-26-12 8:40AM

CozUF2001
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

I'm in.

If it were easy, they'd call it catching!

#6 Jun-26-12 9:43AM

AndrewDo124
Patagonian Toothfish

im in!!!

#7 Jun-26-12 9:51AM

GregF
Northern Snakehead

I'm in!!!

Traveling to Canada on July 13th to fish BIG Pike and Walleye for a week.  Would love to try this lure out on the Pike.  I'll be sure to get a hero shot with the lure hanging in the mouth

#8 Jun-26-12 11:32AM

BillyBigMouth
Northern Snakehead

I'm in!!!

#9 Jun-26-12 11:42AM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

6 guys already, in less than 4 hours!  Wonder how many (over 200 registered members on this forum) will "be in" after the weekend tongue lol .

#10 Jun-26-12 11:44AM

bart2puck
Northern Snakehead

I'm in. can i buy a couple from you? always fun to have random stuff in my bag....

#11 Jun-26-12 11:59AM

Charlie M
Website

GregF wrote:

I'm in!!!

Traveling to Canada on July 13th to fish BIG Pike and Walleye for a week.  Would love to try this lure out on the Pike.  I'll be sure to get a hero shot with the lure hanging in the mouth

Awesome! Good luck on your trip!

#12 Jun-26-12 1:08PM

Charlie M
Website

bart2puck wrote:

I'm in. can i buy a couple from you? always fun to have random stuff in my bag....

I have a dealer list on my website, but not all of them are carrying them ... yet! Right now, rmtackle.com has 4 colors in stock. Here is the URL for them: http://www.rmtackle.com/Choopy-Lures-3-Pikie_p_56.html

If you haven't heard of this store, it is run by Ryan Smith, an extremely gifted lure builder. Well, he will be painting a few of my 3" Pikes when he gets back from his fishing trip on 6/30. There is a limited quantity and they will be a bit of a special edition and may go quickly. I will give you guys a special heads up.

There are a couple other stores, but they don't have online shops, and I am not sure of their inventory. So if there are other colors you would like, I can paint them for you. Feel free to contact me at charlie@choopylures.com.

I am always interested in the color schemes that are used and successful, so don't be shy if you have any requests.

#13 Jun-26-12 1:14PM

basscrusher
Northern Snakehead

I'm in!

-Gary

#14 Jun-26-12 3:06PM

kidnikarus
Northern Snakehead

i'm in!

Nick Mendis
Woodbridge, VA

#15 Jun-26-12 3:27PM

Osprey
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

I'm in

20' Key West..16' C-Hawk...Hobie Pro Angler...Hobie Outback

#16 Jun-26-12 4:07PM

Aches n Pains
Northern Snakehead

I'm in.

#17 Jun-26-12 4:38PM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

Charlie - Better crank up that lathe!  Eleven guys on board in less than 8 hours.  You might have to make a cut-off # or you'll go broke on this thing hmm .

#18 Jun-26-12 4:49PM

Ernie
Administrator

Curly wrote:

You might have to make a cut-off # or you'll go broke on this thing hmm .

Keep 'em comin'

Charlie M wrote:

Please post in this thread with an "I'm in" and you are entered. I'll run this until July 2nd at 12 noon. Then I will randomly pick 4 people!

Time to go fishin' again!

#19 Jun-26-12 6:44PM

Redfish12
Northern Snakehead
Website

I'm in!

#20 Jun-27-12 5:27AM

jumping jasper
Patagonian Toothfish

I'm in

smile

#21 Jun-27-12 1:03PM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

I'm in!

#22 Jun-27-12 2:07PM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

Pacemaker wrote:

Charlie M wrote:

Please post in this thread with an "I'm in" and you are entered. I'll run this until July 2nd at 12 noon. Then I will randomly pick 4 people!

Now I understand smile ...............but I never win anything anyway sad

Wish I had one of those tomorrow morning while on Aquia after snakeheads...........

#23 Jun-27-12 4:49PM

T.
Patagonian Toothfish

Curly wrote:

Pacemaker wrote:

Charlie M wrote:

Now I understand smile ...............but I never win anything anyway sad

Wish I had one of those tomorrow morning while on Aquia after snakeheads...........

I could loan you mine (sexy shad paintjob) if Bruce is willing to pick it up on the way to meet you.  I could leave it on the bumper of my truck or something.

#24 Jun-28-12 4:36AM

jffoley
Northern Snakehead

I'm in!

I love wood swimming plugs. I'll be picking up a couple for sure. They look great.

Cobra Explorer Kayak
Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Co-Founder
www.cbkainc.com

#25 Jun-28-12 2:54PM

Bruce
Northern Snakehead

Travis,
Just saw your post about loaning your lure to Curly. I would have gladly picked it up for Curly to use...especially since today was his birthday. Unfortunately our trip is already complete so we won't know if your lure would have worked or not. Curly had a big snakehead on but it came off near the boat, and his post elsewhere on the site shows the snakehead he will be eating soon.
Bruce

Board footer