Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jun-25-12 7:40AM

jumping jasper
Patagonian Toothfish

Skate Bowfishing Tournament

There is a annual tournament on the Pax that Matt, Allen and I entered it as a team. 7am shot gun start 2pm weigh in. Rules are that each team can weigh up to three 3 rays per boat wins. Price money was $1,500. There were at least 30 teams

We found them early and had 3 in the boat before 8am. The rest of the day was spent trying to shoot bigger ones. We probably shot 15 or so, our three biggest wieghed 115lbs. Winning team was 127lbs. We finished near the top but out of the money.

We miss a couple of big ones and Matt shot one that tore the line right from his reel in a matter of seconds and took the line and the arrow with him, that one might have got us closer to the money.

Exhasting day but a ton of fun.

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g307/jumpingjasper/IMG-20120624-00180.jpg

Picture is taken from the shooting platform lookin down.

smile

#2 Jun-25-12 7:55AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Skate Bowfishing Tournament

Nice!!! There are too many of those in the bay...only thing that eats them are sharks!

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Jun-25-12 8:19AM

AndrewDo124
Patagonian Toothfish

I've watched a documentary on how they've increased in numbers because of the decrease in the number of sharks and natural predators. Nice work! I hate hooking up with these guys when i'm surf fishing.

#4 Jul-09-12 5:14AM

CrankbaitGuy

Is there a big skate cook-out afterwards?  The skate I've eaten were very tasty.

#5 Jul-09-12 7:27AM

jumping jasper
Patagonian Toothfish

CrankbaitGuy wrote:

Is there a big skate cook-out afterwards?  The skate I've eaten were very tasty.

I have had some real good tasting skate before, but these are cow nose rays and they taste like bad chicken.

smile

Board footer