Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jun-18-12 5:02AM

NOVAhunter
Northern Snakehead

Kayak Question

this is partly for Dan, but if the rest of you have any insight I would love to hear it.  My dad was looking at a field and stream kayak at dicks on friday. I assume to be this one:
http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/produ … 32.4417969

But he did say something about a catamaran style hull on it.

Anyone know anything about it? I haven't gone to look at it in person but seems stocked from the web page.

#2 Jun-18-12 7:28AM

Dominion Dan
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Kayak Question

Out of the kayaks that we sell in store, that is the one I would buy. It is a good size, it has storage, rod holders, an anchor with line, and IT'S CAMO! The one downside is that due to a fairly thick hull, they are pretty heavy. I would definitely get a kayak cart/dolly to go with it.

There is also a sit-in version of that kayak called the Eagle Run which comes with an anchor trolley. I thought the Eagle Talons did as well but when I checked one the other day it did not.

#3 Jun-18-12 9:55AM

NOVAhunter
Northern Snakehead

Thanks Dan..

#4 Jun-18-12 12:16PM

Dominion Dan
Patagonian Toothfish

Sure thing. Give me a day, I'll check to see if I can find anything about any sales coming up. Typically the Eagle Runs go on sale and not the Eagle Talons but I'll take a look to see if I can find anything.

#5 Jun-18-12 3:04PM

Plastic Bigfoot

I just bought one about two weeks ago and I love it. Its really stable and I enjoy sitting side-saddle and fishing off of it. Make sure you pick up some scupper plugs for beneath the seat at least though, doesnt come with any. The only problem Ive had is when I sling it around, all my cargo tumbles around inside of it because the cargo area isnt closed off so some kind of drybag or industrial foam to seal off the bow is in order. It comes with 100' of anchor line which is way more than I need so it ends up getting wrapped around my legs while I take naps on it. NOVAhunter, if youre free next sunday we can meet up somewhere (pavilion pond in ashburn maybe?) and you can try it out. I have a 240 cm paddle though. Dan im curious about upcoming sales on it too so I can get a price adjustment lol.

"Fish," he said softly, aloud, "I’ll stay with you until I am dead."

#6 Jun-20-12 7:39AM

NOVAhunter
Northern Snakehead

Thanks for the offer bigfoot. My dad has just asked me about them and I figured Dan would have some first hand knowledge of them. It sounds like it will be a good boat for him to play in the lakes with. He saw my OK a few years ago and really liked the the SOT vs Sit in for ease of getting in and out.

Board footer