Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 May-31-12 2:21PM

darbrewe

Beaverdam 5/31/2013

My 1st post. Thanks for having me!
I fished Beaverdam today. My expectations were low due to a high pressure weather system, my inexperience with fly fishing, and LOTS of other fisherman on the lake.
I brought my trusty 5 and 8 weights with me and spent alot of time throwing to the grass bed edges without much success. A couple of sunfish and a small LM on a hand tied popper. The wind was making kayak positioning difficult so I was in the water much of the time.
I crossed over to the reservoir road side to get out of the wind and found a relatively windless cove. I tied on a black Wooly bugger, threw to a lone rock and hooked up with what turned out to be a 19" smallmouth. I took me 5 minutes to boat her. everytime I made headway, she swam under the boat or into the grass. She had a sore near her gill flap and was gassed by the time I landed her so I released without a picture.
I have primarily been a spin fisherman for 20 yrs but am really enjoying the long rod these days. May not pull out the spin gear for the rest of the summer!

#2 May-31-12 4:45PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Beaverdam 5/31/2013

Good work and welcome!

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Jun-04-12 11:07AM

hookup
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Beaverdam 5/31/2013

Welcome.

Nice job on the smallie.  I've got big greeen bass on that lake, but never a smallie.  Especially that size.

Contact Big D.  He likes the long rod, has a canoe w/ a depth finder,  & I shared all my secrets with him on Beaverdam Lake.

Board footer