Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 May-05-12 5:17AM

Fisheswithlabs

Goose Creek

I walked from Kephart Landing down to the mouth late afternoon on Thursday. Seems as though many of the spots that used to consistently hold fish upstream, have been picked clean. Waded out 30 yards or so and caught 4 12-14" smallmouths in about 45 minutes before the lightning out to the west forced me home. Should have stayed, the storm never materialized. Caught fish on a #3 floating Rapala (silver/black) and a #1 Mepps.

First post, looks like a great forum!

Last edited by Fisheswithlabs (May-05-12 5:17AM)

......I huntwithlabs too.

#2 May-05-12 3:42PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Goose Creek

Welcome to the Forum.....maybe the super-moon had them hiding!

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 May-09-12 6:14AM

Plastic Bigfoot

Re: Goose Creek

Did the exact same thing on Monday. The water was pretty low so that may be why the usual spots weren't hitting. Caught one smallie in the 3 hours I was there, but I was only fishing from the bank. It was extremely clear the whole way down, I only saw two fish. I was hoping you guys could help me out with identifying one of them. It was gray, about two feet long, and had a sucker mouth. I was thinking a carp but it looked like it had stationary spikes for fins like a catfish. Everything about it looked like a blue cat except for the mouth. It was swimming upstream about six feet from shore, I would've jumped on it if I wasn't trying to foul hook it. It looked so out of place.

"Fish," he said softly, aloud, "I’ll stay with you until I am dead."

Board footer